THE MASKS THAT WE WEAR

The Power of Emotion is a beautiful concept to deal with in life which is one of the reasons the field of EQ or emotional Intelligence is given significance today in workplaces and also on a personal forefront.

Emotions are very significant in everyday life and sometimes many associate it with color and give character to it. Jealousy is associated with green and anger with red and also what better way to give character to it by the emojis that we use in our everyday texts. There is love, friendship, resentment, joy just to name a few.

The important fact here is that any emotion affects our perception. Varun and Abir are facing the same emotion – love and loyalty but how they deal with it, is the question here.

To quote Deng Ming – Dao

"Use a mirror in difficult times

You'll see both cause and resolution."

People like Abir always use this mirror because he is highly intelligent emotionally which is why he still forgives, forgets, is empathetic and loving even to those that have betrayed him. He understands that Varun is suffering with the loss of his brother and tries to reason with him but to no avail because Varun is caught up in pain and revenge.

Even when Nirmala Soni accused Ketki of being "bachchalan" Varun needed an "Abir" to tell him to share the load and take responsibility. Abir's character is highly moral and righteous; he's never afraid to call people out on their mistakes, be it his mom, brother, or sister-in-law and even Mrs. Soni.

We do not know the damage that Varun is capable of inflicting. He is like a pandora box now and when he releases the worms, Abir has to formulate a whole new strategy to protect Mishti and Ketki. Abir, do not spend your time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.

Elders say "anger is one syllable short of danger" so before you do get angry and resort to accusations think, because words once spit can never be taken back, Varun Soni.

"All ambitions and actions are lawful except those which are built to climb upward on the miseries or credulities of another man/woman."

Varun wants to build his home in anger and revenge, with the foundation of sorrow and fear, of Mishti and Abir without knowing the true facts. He didn't even ask why Mishti did what she did. Abir's strategy has always been confront the person, ask them for facts, note if they are lying and then tell them off. This hasty clouded thinking is going to cost Varun big. If Abir brings forth the fact that Karan is of a rotten character, he is not only a drunk but also preys on women, (the same thing that Nirmala Soni accused Ketki of), it will be a disaster. If other facts are brought into limelight (Mishti only hit Karan once not baar-baar as Varun tells Abir) then Varun's can of worms are going to turn into snakes and are going to sting the Sonis so bad that it will be hard for them to recover.

Varun has every right to know what happened to his brother and being satisfied about his brother's demise, is not absence of desire and creative ambition of finding out how he died. The presence of negative properties and destructive discontent, where without understanding his brother's character is evil.

Abir understood Kunal's misgivings and frailties which is why they share a very healthy and understanding relationship today. He saw ample space for correction and never gave up on Kunal.

The elders in the family should be a strong role model to the youngsters which is why Varun lacks a strong, honest personality. Karan was no good, his mom only instigates and insults, his dad just is quiet. What you rub up against rubbed off on you Varun. You should ask the right questions.... not why the lawyer returned the papers when your mother handed them back to you, in the earlier episode when the property transfer was not done to you. Choice, not circumstances, determines your character Mr. Varun Soni

The highlight of the episode is Abir's question to Ambe Maa:

"Yeh kaisi duniya banayi hain Aapney Maa,

jahaan log aurton ki izzat karna nahin seekhe?"

It's not about just that Abir. Today's toxic world is that and much more. We stand and watch as atrocities are committed in the nature of womanhood, religion, region, material wealth and what not.

The person who stands and watches without intervention is as good as the culprit. Of course, here (in YRHPK) it has always been highlighted in terms of womanhood until now. Questions will be raised against Mishti and Ketki will also suffer in the process. This toxic mentality however, goes beyond the RV Family and not just the women alone in the world around us and ranges over a plethora of other issues too.

"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." Martin Luther King

The important message is STAND FOR WHAT IS RIGHT. Don't be passive or neutral when you see something wrong happening before you.

Abir's honesty, courage in standing for the right issue, his morality, his cheerful temperament turned his prayer for help to protect Mishti and his family, into Maa Ambe sending her commissary in the form of BP and BM into the RV Household.

Leap and the net will appear and Abir's faith and good thoughts and actions did that for him but most of all his selfless, unconditional love for others.

Now there will be a wall to protect Mishti – the wall of truth and strength that no one can infiltrate, just like the rope of hope.

Kuhu holding Mishti's hand today heralds a change in their relationship soon. It was a joy to watch the playful Kunal today with Kuhu -don't let it go too out of hand though Kunal; Kuhu really missed you and she's right you should have called her back and should talk seriously to her now that you are back. You can be the ladaaku playful chokro just like your naughty Bhabhi is angry violent chorni.

We wear masks in life – some good some bad. "When the time comes for us to remove our masks, we cannot do so without taking some of our skin with it."

Abir doesn't wear a mask for the most part. What you see is what you get. The only time he is unreadable is when he strives to protect what is his; even then only three people notice – his mom, Maasi and Mishti, one out of curiosity and care and Mishti and Maasi purely out of love. Now Kunal is also inducted into the legion. He caught you when you use your personal synonym for trouble i.e. "awesome"

Others in the RV household/ Soni household, wear masks from time to time to hide their feelings of hatred, indifference, jealousy, curiosity, revenge, etc.

Horror is the removal of masks a temporary one for the all loving Abir when Varun removed his actual mask, but a permanent one for Varun when he will find out about his brother's truths or the world about his truth if he is the person that has killed his brother. The aadhi sach will change your life Varun but the pura sach if you have done something to Karan, will hurt so many around you.

You wore this mask with grins and lies (It was a joke in your case)

It hid your cheeks and shaded your eyes

This debt you pay to human guile

With torn and bleeding hearts it still made us smile... because we thought you truly loved Ketu

When you truly love someone there will be no masks. The beautifully played Antakshari movie game with movie references done which ended with a hot romantic tug by Mishti, is another beautiful memory which will be added by Abir into his diary and right into that treasure cove time capsule for their babies.

Abir and Mishti refuse to be pushed around by their fears. They act, react to the each other's emotions and are led by the dreams in their heart which is governed by LOVE, selfless unconditional love, and no other mask on.

Like Snoopy says in Charlie Brown's Peanuts: Every time you find some humor in a difficult situation you win.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; It's about learning to dance in the rain.