MOM IS THE WORD

Today's episode, celebrated parenthood. Sorry boys, Iam going to be focusing on motherhood today, not because it's more important than being a dad, but because of mothers like Meenakshi Rajvansh.

A mom is a walking miracle. She is an angel in disguise picking us up when we fall low, helping us through our tough spots, caring for us when we are sick, and holding so much love in her heart that is of the purest, unadulterated kind. Mothers are essentially a walking manual to all the problems that we have in life. "She's a hurricane in perfect power."

Sometimes, in being a single mom who has battled so much to keep the family going the trials and tribulations that this mother may have faced, will turn her insecurities into chains and the love that is supposed to be unconditional will demand.

That's exactly what Meenakshi Rajvansh is doing today. All her planning, plotting aside, she has immense love for Abir and Kunal and her family too. For a moment today when she was talking to BM and the latter today talked about the accident, her first reaction was:

"Maa ambe, ussey tou kuch nahin hua?" Who is this ussey? Mishti? Abir? Kunal? My brain continuously plays dreams of her saying that for Mishti, caring about her, because with Meenu by her side, Mishti can win any battle. It will also show the beautiful relationship of a mom-in-law taking care of her daughter and is in essence the truest Mamta that BM talked about.

You just need that ehsaas in your heart and voila you know that you too can be a mom. That ehsaas touched Meenu when she heard of Mishti's predicament with Karan in her PTSD phase. If the writers decide to steer the story in this direction Mishti will find a second mom in Meenu and she truly deserves one and Abir will be more vocal in his love towards Meenu which will heal Meenu's broken heart.

A mother can take the place of anyone in the family but a mom's place no one else can take. To quote William Thackeray, "Mom is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children."

But why does he say little children is the point we should ask ourselves. This is because as we grow up, we become more independent in our thoughts and actions and the love for our parents stays and grows, but we never feel the need to express it frequently. We assume that a mother knows. What we fail to comprehend is as parents get older their need to hear you tell them how much they mean to you becomes stronger. The man-woman dynamics differ and it's an expectation mismatch and it happens mostly with sons than daughters.

There's a proverb "My son is my son till we get him a wife but my daughter is my daughter all her life."

I have a cousin who is half a Kuhu in her spoilt behavior but of a different kind. It was more of an oppositional defiance with this cousin, towards her mother, shooting down her suggestions and never respecting her. When she married and she became a mum, her attitude and behavior took a complete turn.

Daughters even though the most defiant one will understand her mom's pain some point in course of her life. The daughter when she marries and leaves home, is given a reality check at her in-laws so the vocal appreciation is more when she revisits her parents.

The son however, because they stay home even after marriage, don't experience any change in the son-mom equation of environment and missing their mom. The respect at their in-laws also doubles and they have an additional set of parents which works in their favor. The mom at home is often left feeling bereft and experiences a void and sons have this extra responsibility of telling their parents especially their moms that they love and appreciate her, more vocally.

I agree with Meenu today. Abir could have informed her, but it was BM who did. It would have hurt her immensely. The chasm in her heart with her son marrying the girl not her choice, then leaving home to sort his problems with his wife and sister-in-law, telling her not to interfere in a stern tone because he doesn't agree with her methods and then not informing her of the accident would have increased the insecurity that Meenu already holds in her heart. She would have felt the same as Mishti ALONE in a way and whether Abir understood that or not Mishti will.