The Course of True Love Never Did Run Smooth

Put it in "n" number of different ways from China to Peru, today's episode is more of the swirling vortex of negative emotions hurt, hate, snooping, more snooping, harassment, abuse, control, threats though Meenu Bhen was so kind to clarify it as a non- threat towards Mishti but she did say that her life would be hell (as if it already were not).

Mishti the poor innocent soft soul, totally cornered, terrified and mystified wondering what Abir was hiding. The domino effect has started whether to Mishbir moving out or of other events to come one knows not and at the moment, I'll not contemplate because the result is disturbing anyways.

The odds are all stacked up against Mishti and Abir and who hasn't heard of the Shakespearean wisdom that "The course of true love never did run smooth", so we can only wait and watch how they fight their way. With passion, love, perseverance and endurance I hope they overcome the misfortune that has befallen them.

One topic that caught my interest is about Kuhu's insecurities and her behavior, which I feel are now, way out of control. Where do the makers intend to stop and change her? The older generation like BB and Maami on YRHPK are what they are, cannot be changed, and are not cool like Naanu. Our brain is an enigmatic organ and its often said that narrow minds and wide mouths are often found together like in the case of the wise elderly ladies of the RV Household minus Maasi. In Mishbir's case the brain, oscillates between thinking and feeling so many emotions; with Ketu its upset and disappointment, with Kuhu its like a roller coaster and is a constant battle between good stress when she gets information to BB and gets an A on her report card and bad stress when she harasses Mishti and cannot get information from her.

"Your best friend and worst enemy is your own brain."

For Kuhu, the feelings towards Mishti are one dimensional. She has a problem relating to different feelings at the same time. (To her a person can never be a combination of good or bad its either good or totally bad)

Towards Mishti, it has always been hating, blaming and disdain and based on circumstances, the attributes change. Negative behavior all along like competitive when there is an activity involved, guilt when she pushed her from pyramid On Janmashtami and fear towards her family during the Nannu debacle. She does come and tell Abir not to trouble Mishti or yell at her but its little concern at that one point because the concern is more out of love for Nannu than concern for Mishti. ("Ab Nanchak be involved hai aur mein unhey bahut pyar karti hoon")

Even before meeting Abir to call him out on Kunal drugging Nannu, she does warn Mishti to forget Abir. She hurts her time and time again and calls her a lost pup, a freeloader, a murderer's daughter amongst other mean and rude things like asking her to get out of the house. There is no excuse for this kind of vile obnoxious behavior whatsoever. As kids we learn certain things but as adults, we change but Kuhu has remained the same - superficial and mean.

She even acts rude with Parul Maasi because she associates Maasi with lack of power in the RV Household and considers her weak but BB she worships when she is in fact who named her "Dragon Saas". Towards Kunal too, pre break it was more of an infatuation towards his wealth and power and of hate for Mishti than love for him. He used her for his mission to break Mishbir up but even knowing that no self-respecting person would have stayed with him. She snatched Mishti's Mandap, her day selfishly (we all know it was no matter how much we love Kaveri). Which sane person will allow her husband (after marrying him for the second time) to drink the cold coffee she doubted had pills in while she accidentally spilled hers?

She doesn't know the meaning of love other than that which serves her interest, purpose, namely BP/BM, her parents who provide for her, Jasmeet who caters to her whims and fancies of bashing Mishti. If Jasmeet were to switch sides to support Mishti, she will hate her too

It has always been about her, her greatness glory and anyone who comes in the way of that is evil. Where everyone like Maami, Jasmeet fuel her with their waah-waahi and support, Mishti has been the only one that has called a spade a spade and Kuhu hates her more because of that. Mishti has helped and supported her all along even by slapping Kunal to show him the right way but she refuses to see the good in her; "only that she is Mishti Mahaan and I hate her".

On a deeper psychological level, Kuhu I feel is a confused admirer of Mishti ( because she feels Mish steals her limelight somehow or the other) because she cannot figure out why everyone loves Mishti and why she is actually Mishti Mahaan and she and Jasmeet enjoy breaking her because they never can be the gold that Mishti is.

Where Mishti has used her insecurities to love and heal, Kuhu has used her insecurities to hate. The Yin to Yang.

To quote Sushant Singh Rajput (REST IN PEACE SWEETIE)

"Heroes I look up to

and the Ones I detest

are just different versions of me

in few possible context(s)."

Kaveri is a person many look up to and she has done a phenomenal job of showing the angry, jealous, upset, frustrated and irritated Kuhu.

However, the character many should dissociate from. Kuhu needs to change her game because she is fighting a lost battle against Meenakshi Rajvansh. Abir has helped her in scores of ways and yet she chooses the wrong person to side with because her brain is full of hatred for Mishti. Kuhu, they say those who seek revenge should dig two pits.

For when the One Great Scorer
comes to mark against your name,
He writes—not that you won or lost—
but how you played the game.

*************************************