IS ANY LOVE TRULY UNCONDITIONAL?

She lost herself in the trees,

Among the ever-changing leaves.

She wept silently beneath the wild sky,

As twinkling stars told stories of deepest mysteries.

The flowers grew towards her pure blinding light,

The river called her name in the darkest night.

But...

She could not live an ordinary life...

With the pressure of people around her

Hidden in her deepest eyes

Our Mishti's plight today...

Food for thought ...IS ANY LOVE UNCONDITIONAL, other than that between a devotee and a Superpower.

According to Abraham Maslow's humanistic psychology theories, even love between partners is called deficiency love (D-love) based on need for belonging self-esteem, security, power (I feel strong because I love you). The partners/couples love is strongly characterized by dependency, possessiveness.

Abir's love for Mishti however has never been goal oriented but the need to belong still exists. It is not D-love but B-love which is a healthier kind of love which also involves belonging and possessiveness (I need you expressed by Abir and Mishti often in terms of turmoil) but it certainly rises above selfish desires to rise above personal gratification and not use the other partner, as a means to a goal.

Abir wants to be a dad but he doesn't want Mishti to experience motherhood secondhand and above everything his altruistic goal of giving a secure and loving home to a child is philanthropic in every way.

Ironically, Maslow's mom was like Meenakshi Rajvansh. Maslow described his own mother as an extremely disturbed and selfish woman, incapable of valuing anyone for any reason outside her own personal agenda.

Stop breaking yourself down into bite sized pieces to serve others

Stay whole and let them choke

Will be the best course of action for Mishti and Abir.