Part Six

October 3rd, 2018 

Four metal claws shot out of Spider-Man's back which helped him resist Thanos' right hand from shoving Tony away as he pulled with all his strength on the Infinity Gauntlet. Doctor Strange and a gravity pull also assisted in holding Thanos' right arm back as Drax the Destroyer kept Thanos on his knee as Mantis temporarily subdued his thoughts and put him in a trance. 

"Is he under? Don't let up." Tony spoke quickly as he called for Spider-Man's help in removing the Gauntlet. 

"Be quick. He is very strong." Mantis replied, straining to keep Thanos under her control. 

Star-Lord flew over and landed a few meters away from the others as he holstered his gun before taking the opportunity to question Thanos about the whereabouts of the woman called Gamora. 

"I thought you'd be hard to catch. For the record, this was my plan. You're not so strong now, huh?" Star-Lord taunted Thanos before becoming serious. "Where's Gamora?" 

Thanos groaned, "My Gamora..." 

"No, bullshit! Where is she?" 

"He is in anguish!" Mantis reported as she began to feel Thanos' emotions when Gamora was brought up. 

"Good." 

"He, he mourns!" 

"What does this, monster... have to mourn?!" Drax raised his voice in a strain as (Y/n) simply stood by and watched everything unfold. 

Thanos other adopted daughter, Nebula, said all that Peter Quill needed to know as she had a very good idea of the sacrifice Thanos made to gain the Soul Stone. A great cost. 

"He took her to Vormir. He came back with the Soul Stone," said Nebula. "But she didn't." 

"Okay, Quill, you gotta cool it. You understand? Don't, don't. Don't engage! We almost got this off!" Tony implored Quill as he slowly arched his head at Thanos. 

"Tell me she's lying." Quill grumbled as he began to bark in Thanos' face. "ASSHOLE! Tell me you didn't do it!" 

"I... had... to..." Thanos seethed through his teeth. 

"No... you didn't. No, you didn't. NO YOU DIDN'T!" 

Quill lashed out at Thanos, using his gun to beat Thanos in the face when he accidentally hit Mantis' hand, causing the hypnosis to be interrupted when (Y/n) and Tony had to physically restrain Quill. Once Thanos fully regained control, he fought off the heroes that pinned him disabled everyone but Tony when Thanos harnessed the power of the Space and Power Stones to pull a moon down to the planet. 

Before Tony was able to make a comeback, Doctor Strange used all his teachings to combat Thanos. But with the might of the Infinity Stone, it proved a great challenge until Tony was able to have his turn in fighting Thanos directly. 

"You throw another moon at me, and I'm gonna lose it." Tony panted as he shot a restraint at the palm of the Gauntlet. 

"Stark." Thanos muttered. 

"You know me?" 

"I do. You're not the only one cursed with knowledge." 

"My only curse is you." 

Daringly, Thanos challenged Tony to give him everything he had. For the next few minutes, Tony would quickly gain the upper hand until the moment he produced a drop of Thanos' blood, he found something in himself that made him realise that Thanos wasn't immortal, but rather as vulnerable as everyone else.