Part Four

September 16th, 2015 

Months had come to pass since Ultron dared to eradicate human life on Earth. Now that any major threats had been eradicated, life could go on simply for the Avengers as they crusaded across the globe in its mission to stop Hydra. It hadn't occurred to anybody yet that (Y/n) had been hiding a secret from them the entire time. Should they discover this, the fate of the universe would be at stake if they discovered (Y/n) in league with a mysterious individual who could pass through space and time at will. 

In regards to the Avengers themselves, things were going accordingly in regards to the timeline, whereas with (Y/n), he was well accustomed to the life as an Avenger in the Avengers estate in the room which he shared with his beloved Wanda. But there was still work to be done. There would always be work to be done. 

On a lonely day in the Avengers compound all by his lonesome while his team was away on a secret mission, (Y/n) sat on the end of his bed, hunched over and reminisced at the photo of his original love that he had tucked away on his person. It made him wonder how he got so lucky, but more so what if he had actually chosen to live a family life. But then again, that would probably have been short-lived if things would proceed like they did previously. 

He was skeptical of the idea and refused to think of it and dismissed it by holding said photo in his palm by scrunching it up and channelled his abilities to burn the photo to embers which he tossed in the bathroom bin. Being alone in the compound was certainly tiresome, but what (Y/n) was able to do without anyone around to witness - except Tony's new A.I, F.R.I.D.A.Y who was recording everything all day every day - what mischief he could get up to. But what fun would it be without the other members of the team present to witness his childish antics? 

May 5th, 2016

As the past began to repeat itself, the Avengers had replayed exactly what (Y/n) witnessed previously as he began to take every precaution in ensuring things did not fall into the deep end of the pit of the universe's grave. (Y/n) had no choice but to put up with Secretary Ross' boorish antics concerning what recent event transpired to result in the United Nations calling for the Sokovia Accords to restrain the Avengers under government jurisdiction. 

"... while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some, who would prefer the world vigilantes," said Ross as he lectured the Avengers present in the meeting room. 

"And what word would you use, Mr Secretary?" Natasha asked politely. 

"How about dangerous? What would you call a group of U.S-based individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?" Ross spoke viciously. 

(Y/n) expected Ross to reveal the locations where the Avengers caused the most chaos in the eyes of those that disliked the band of heroes. Once again, (Y/n) had to painfully witness what madness his beloved Wanda laid on the innocents in Lagos when she was forced to contain the suicide vest Brock Rumlow had strapped to himself in hopes of taking Captain America with him to the grave. Though the plan was foiled, trouble stirred nonetheless, and poor Wanda was left to deal with the damage dealt to herself and others that came to despise her more than the team itself. 

"Okay, that's enough." Steve said sternly as he could not handle watching his team suffer. 

"For the past four years, you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution." Ross continued. 

A book was handed to Ross by one of his men who handed it around to the heroes very quickly.

"The Sokovia Accords - approved by a hundred and seventeen countries - it states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organisation. Instead, they'll operate under the supervision of the United Nations panel, only when and if that panel deems necessary."