Chapter Ten: Co-Captain

Lydia and I followed Allison as she headed through the woods. 'Allison, when you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping, a five-mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting,' Lydia gasped, stumbling a few times.

'Before I forget, I wanted to ask if you're okay with something. Jackson asked me to the winter formal,' Allison smirked.

Lydia's eyes widened, 'Did he?'

'Yeah. Just as friends. But I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it first.'

'Sure. As long as it's just friends,' Lydia seemed far from okay.

'Well, yeah. I mean. it's not like I would take him to the coach's office during lacrosse practise to make out with him or anything,' she spat. I chuckled silently.

'Yeah, about that...' Lydia rushed after her.

——————

'What does that do?' I asked anxiously, watching Allison screw a strange arrowhead onto the shaft of her arrow.

'We're about to find out,' she replied. I frowned, Kate had definitely messed her up somehow. Allison nocked the arrow and pulled the bowstring back, suddenly letting it go. The arrow whistled through the air, embedding itself into a tree and letting off a blinding flash of light and some smoke.

'What the hell was that?' Lydia asked quietly, hugging herself.

'I don't know.'

'Well, that was fun! Any more lethal weapons you wanna try out?' Lydia rubbed her hands together, freezing when we heard a twig snap in the distance.

We looked around anxiously. 'Hold this,' Allison muttered as she gave her bow to Lydia.

'What? Why?'

'Because I thought I heard something,' she quietly removed her tab and dropped it on the ground

'So what if you heard something?'

'So, I want to find out what that something is. Don't worry, it's probably nothing. Stay with her,' she directed the last part at me.

'Well, what if that nothing is something and that something is something dangerous?' Lydia asked.

Allison paused for a moment. 'Shoot it,' she said before walking off. I frowned, trying to listen to her. My expression softened as I heard Scott's voice. She'd be okay.