Chapter Thirty-Three: Motel California

A/n:
Trigger warning: this chapter/episode has strong themes around suicide.

I don't particularly want to write this chapter, as I'm not the biggest fan of using mental illness for shock factor, but I'll try. If you're having any suicidal thoughts, please talk to someone you trust.

If you don't feel comfortable telling your family/friends, there are hotlines dedicated to helping people with mental illnesses and suicidal thoughts. I know that it might seem bad now, but you are so important and so special. I know it's cliché, but it will get better.

In the UK, you can call Samaritans at 116 123, Childline at 0800 1111, there are also websites like Kooth that provide free counselling. As far as I know, the USA has the national suicide prevention hotline (1800 273 8055) but apparently, 988 is the number for another hotline. Please correct me if my information's wrong, I did some research but I'm an idiot and still can't use google

We stepped off of the bus, looking around at the motel that the school had gotten for us. 'I've seen worse,' Scott shrugged.

'Where have you seen worse?' Stiles scoffed.

A whistle sounded and Coach shouted to us, 'Listen up. The meet's been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgement when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be pairing up, choose wisely.'

Stiles and I went to take a room key from Coach, but Allison rushed over, took a key and dragged me away. Coach called after us,' And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!'

Lydia froze, staring into the distance. 'Lydia?' I asked.

'I don't like this place,' she whispered.

Allison chuckled, 'I don't think the people who own this place like this place. It's just for a night.'

'A lot can happen in one night.'

——————

I wrapped my arms around Stiles' neck deepening the kiss. His hands were wrapped around my waist, pulling me impossibly close as he gently pushed me against the wall. We pulled away and he grinned cheekily at me. 'What?' I chuckled.

'Nothing, I just... still can't believe that this is happening, that we're together,' he pressed a gentle kiss to my cheek.

I rolled my eyes, 'Stiles, it's been four months.'

He nodded, 'Yeah, but every day just feels... New.'

'That was so cheesy!' I laughed, lightly punching his shoulder.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me along behind him. 'Where are we going?' I asked.

'Well, I can't exactly get you a fancy dinner or whatever. So we're gonna have to stick to crappy junk food if we're turning this into a date,' he must have noticed me frown because he added, 'What? You can't have a date without food!'

We met Boyd at the vending machine, I gave him a small smile but he just looked straight ahead, expressionless. He entered the code and Stiles cheered, 'Hey, that was the same thing I was gonna get!'

The machine ground to a halt, leaving the food stuck. 'Oh, hang on. You know what? I got a patented method for this, don't worry.' He went to shake the machine but Boyd beat him to it, literally, he punched the glass of the machine and took some snacks before leaving silently.