Chapter Forty: Anchors

I frowned, waking up to my phone ringing. I grew even more concerned when I saw the caller ID, 'Sheriff Stilinski?'

'What did we talk about?' he chuckled, 'I'm not your boss.'

'Sorry, Noah. Is everything okay, it's...' I checked my alarm clock, '7 am.'

I heard him sigh, 'Yeah, I know, I'm sorry. I just... I didn't know if Stiles would tell you, so I wanted to give you a little heads up. He's been sleeping terribly these past few nights, says he keeps having nightmares. This morning, he literally had to scream himself awake. I'm really worried about him but I can't be there all the time, so I was wondering if you could just keep an eye on him and let me know if you think he's getting worse?'

'Of course, we've got most of our classes together anyway. Thank you for letting me know.'

'Okay,' he said, 'Have a good day.'

'You too, sir.'

——————

Allison had been quiet for the entire journey to school, walking through the hallways as if she was in a trance. 'Hey, Allison? Allison!' I called, she gasped and looked at Lydia and I in shock.

'Are you okay?' Lydia asked. My cousin nodded hurriedly, bit I could tell that something was wrong.

We made our way over to Stiles and Scott. 'You don't look alright, Scott,' Stiles frowned.

'I'm okay.'

'No, you're not. It's happening to you too. You're seeing things, aren't you?'

Scott's eyes widened, 'How'd you know?'

'Because it's happening to all three of you,' Lydia spoke up as we stopped in front of them.

'Well, well, look who's no longer the crazy one,' Lydia smirked as we entered school.

Allison huffed indignantly, 'We're not crazy.'

'Hallucinating? Sleep paralysis? Yeah, you guys are fine.'

Scott looked at the other two, 'We did die and come back to life, that's gotta have some side effects, right?'

The bell rang and we all groaned. 'We keep an eye on each other, okay?' Stiles said, 'And, Lydia, stop enjoying this so much.'

'What?'

Our new history teacher finished writing on the board, turning to face us. 'Good morning, everyone. My name is Mr Yukimura, I'll be taking over for your previous history teacher. My family and I moved here three weeks ago. I'm sure, by now, you all know my daughter, Kira. Or you might not since she's never actually mentioned anyone from school, or brought home a friend for that matter.'

There was a sigh and a thud from the back of the class as a girl hid her head in her hands, we all turned to face her.' Either way... there she is,' she looked up and smiled awkwardly. I smirked when I saw her and Scott gazing at each other for a second. 

'Maybe we need a little more time to get back to normal,' Scott said as he and I waited for Stiles to get into his locker.

'Yeah, try not to forget we hit the reset button on a supernatural beacon for supernatural creatures. I think there's a pretty good chance things are never going back to normal,' Stiles remarked. He tugged on the padlock to his locker, his face falling as he stared at it.

My eyes widened and I quickly nudged my friend, 'Scott, your eyes!'

'What about them?'

'Dude, they're starting to glow.'