Chapter Twenty-Eight: Tattoo

I followed Chris into Allison's room. She was sat on her bed, staring blankly off into the distance. 'You ready?' he asked her gently.

'Yeah,' she replied quietly.

'You know, you could wait till tomorrow if you want. I know the first day can be tough.'

She shook her head, 'I'm alright. Yeah.' I knew that she was lying.

'Or you could wait a week, if that would make things easier,' he joked, trying to cheer her up.

She sighed, 'I promised Lydia that I would drive her, since her car's wrecked. So I should go.'

Chris nodded, pulling her into a tight hug. I gave her a warm smile and followed her out to the car.

——————

I saw Stiles and Scott walking ahead of me, so I quietly snuck over to them and suddenly threw my arms around Stiles. 'Holy God, are you...' his expression morphed from terror to relief as he saw me there. He kissed me and pulled me into a hug, 'Hey, Wolfie!'

I roll my eyes at the nickname, 'Hey, Trouble. What are you guys talking about?'

'Scott wants to ask Derek for help with his tattoo.'

I frowned, 'You have a tattoo?'

'Yeah. It healed over, though,' Scott sighed. 'Hey, you don't happen to know how I get a tattoo, do you?' he asked hopefully.

I shook my head, 'Sorry. Besides, I think he's gonna be busy at the moment.' I gestured to the missing posters for Erica and Boyd.

We looked around the corner, hearing the principal as he tried to figure out what my grandfather did while he was gone. 'Look, these are the applications for the career advisor. I need them sorted. And whatever happened to the library while I was gone, I want it cleared up. And what the hell is this?' he asked in bewilderment, holding up a great sword. My eyes widened and the three of us rushed off.

——————

I looked up as Allison entered English class, looking for a spare seat. The only free one was directly in front of Scott. 'Is someone...'

'No. No, no, no. It's all you, it's all yours. It's totally vacant,' I cringed a little, looking at Stiles as he gave Scott a sarcastic thumbs up.

Suddenly, everyone's phones starting to vibrate and ring as we received a text. Before I got a chance to start reading it, a woman entered the room. '"The offing was barred by a black bank of clouds and the tranquil waterway, leading to the uttermost ends of the earth flowed sombre under an overcast sky, seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness." This is the last line to the first book we are going to read. It is also the last text you will receive in this class. Phones off, everyone,' the teacher smiled at us all. She was good.

As we did some silent work, I noticed the principal come in and whisper something to Miss Blake. 'Mr McCall?' she asked, silently gesturing for him to follow her out of the room. I frowned.

Stiles frowned, noticing the band-aid on Lydia's ankle. 'Hey, Lydia,' he whispered, 'What is that? Is that from the accident?'

She seemed a little sad as her gaze flickered down to it, 'No. Prada bit me.'

'Your dog?'

She rolled her eyes, 'No, my designer handbag... Yes, my dog.'

'Has it ever bitten you before?' she shook her head, 'Okay. What if it's like, the same thing as the deer? You know, like, how animals start acting weird right before an earthquake or something?'