Chapter Thirteen

Kira leaned onto Shigure's back as he worked on his manuscript

Kira leaned onto Shigure's back as he worked on his manuscript. It was her day off, so she was spending it as usual with just lazing around and relaxing. The pair were both just in their casual silence and even when Kyo came home, they all kept quiet without much really said.

It ended after a bit when Kyo had finally spoken up.

"I...want to leave this place"

"After only three days?" Shigure answered back as Kira sighed stretching her legs across the room, but still keeping her back onto his own," Think of this as training, learn to endure it!"

"And the amazing food" Kira pointed out mostly as a humorous comment that was followed with Shigure agreeing instantly.

"It still feels like a dream, the end of our endless days of eating take-out" He sang making Kira raise her fist in the air cheering insignificantly.

"So, Kyo, what exactly is it anyway?" Kira turned to the male," I know enough it's not Yuki"

Kyo sighed still laying with his back facing them," I always say to her...some...wrong things"

"Her?" Kira tilted her head

"Oh," Shigure tapped one of his fingers," You mean Tohru?" He laughed lightly and leaned on his palm," As usual, you yelled at her again?" Kyo did not respond and it made the adults share a synced sigh, "If you know you'll regret it afterwards don't yell at here, You're hopeless..."

"It's impossible...I...am not suited for living with other people"

"Well, although there are people like that, taking Kira as an example"

"Oi," Kira closed her eyes tightly gently knocking one of her fists on his head. She shifted leaning sideways on Shigure," I am hardly an example, you idiot"

"Well, I can argue with that" He responded then peered at Kyo," You are just purely lacking experience. For example, you can chop the table half with one hit. You can also stop your fist. That's because you can control the strength of your punches, right?" Kyo slowly turned as he continued to listen to Shigure.

"This should be the result of your training in the mountain, fighting with bears"

"I didn't fight bears!"

Kira chuckled and then spoke," Kyo, dealing with people in the same way. The only difference is that this training is not in the mountains, but in the city where people live"

Shigure nodded as he lifted a hand to his chin," In dealing with others, somethings you hurt others or get hurt" The last two words made Kira lower her eyes and she also felt the repentance that formed within Shigure's emotions, "If you don't learn from other people, in principle, you will never become an understanding person. You may be a black belt in martial arts but in dealing with people, you're still a white belt"

"For the sake of someday, someone will love you-" Kira shivered at those words, having the haunting words of her father's words he always told her and Akito, but it was always slandered by their mother.

"You two will always be destined to be loved"

"Loved? You two will never feel it, ever. You two are worthless and are the reason your father died. No one will ever love you two."

"There are people like that?" Kira snapped out of her thoughts and turned to Kyo who had his back turned to them again.

"What will you do if there is?"

"Hard to imagine...anyways...I will ask them, 'Are you crazy?'"

Kira brought her knees to her chest and hugged them. She knew she loved Kureno-or at least what she felt for him was some kind of form for it. Though, maybe-just maybe, she was completely confusing it with something else entirely.