Chapter Twenty Six

A few weeks within the New Year, Kira had prepared for the busy days that were to come

A few weeks within the New Year, Kira had prepared for the busy days that were to come. Since there was a lot of new things for the new year, it was always the busiest. It normally consisted of settling the finances from the year previously as well with checking in on each of the members in the Zodiac.

Kira had often, much to her annoyance had to stay at the Main Estate and rarely returned to her home.

Nonetheless, having no duties for the next couple or days she returns home. She, however, did not expect to return to a full house and with news of the current events that had happened.

The first being about Yuki's incident after participating in an Endurance run for school. Kira had ended up spending a couple of hours scolding him, but most of her rage was towards Kyo and Shigure who was also in bed sick.

"I swear! You two deserve to be in bed right now!" Kira shouted over Hatsuharu and Tohru who was attending to them.

Hatori, on the other hand, had not bothered to interfere and say she shouldn't nag at the sick-because all three of them had done this.

Yuki with accepting Kyo's need for competition, Kyo with starting the competition and joining Shigure who was supposed to gather Tohru and Yuki's belongings only to end up playing cards with other students when it was still the cold season.

Hatsuharu did not bother to stop her either, because even if he wanted to-he knew better than to interfere with Kira who was in a bad mood.

Though, after a while, Hatori had dragged Kira out of the room, knowing that she would be able to go on for hours.

"I am so sorry, Kira" Tohru suddenly said to Kira who was sitting by herself just outside the living room. Her feet dangled off the porch as her back was turned to Hatori, Hatsuharu and Tohru who was in the living room," I should have spoken up the other day and this could all have been avoided"

Hatori and Hatsuharu both looked at her, not being able to speak-since they personally did not have anything to do with it either.

Tohru was the only one, logically that had been there since Hatsuharu's appearance was when the race already started.

Then Hatori, was really not even directly involved, only until after when everyone was sick.

Kira took a moment before turning from her spot and leaning on her knee. The posture alone had struck the Sohma's into an unknown habit at the fact that right this moment, Kira had looked exactly like Akito. The cynical smile and unnerving eyes that developed in her pessimistic-like pupils.

"Don't be trivial, Tohru," Kira said firmly," They knew their circumstances, you couldn't have possibly said or done anything"

"I think you might be wrong, Kira" Hatori suddenly said, making her narrow her eyes," I don't mean that I blame you, Honda, but it's not impossible that the idea of her speaking up what she thinks is right would make them listen"

"Elaborate this for me, Hatori" Kira continued to keep her tone, only causing the air around them to turn gloomy.

"Take the fact that the home is still in one piece. If Honda was not here, imagine how much damage Kyo and Yuki would have truly caused. Who do you think keeps that from happening?"

Kira would have argued that her being there was a reason, but given the circumstances of her working at the Main Estate, those are the times that the two teens would fight, whereas when she is home, there is hardly any opportunities where they are even in the same room, except for dinner-which sometimes happens at different times.

When Tohru is working late, they all rely on leftovers or takeout and usually eat in their rooms, or just a couple hours before or after the other.

Hatsuharu took the chance to ask Tohru if she could help him check the sick.

He saw the way Tohru was about to say she 'didn't do that much' or something to Hatori and he knew with how snappy Kira was at the moment, Tohru could end up having to deal with her offensive remarks.

He shared a look with Hatori, practically telling him that he wanted to avoid that and the older male thanked him with a nod as he went over to try and calm Kira, or even take her away, for now, to avoid showing her bad side to Tohru.