Chapter Twenty

A couple of days later, after the festival, Tohru had met Momiji and Hatori

A couple of days later, after the festival, Tohru had met Momiji and Hatori. Though it was not her first encounter with Momiji, since she had met him prior at her job, however, at the time she was unaware of him being a Sohma.

Kira had been updated about the events and so she naturally went to relay it to her sister.

Another couple days, had gone by and Hatori had invited her to the Main estate, but not without telling Tohru not to let anyone in the house know.

"I am surprised," Kira said to her sister who was leaning out of her window," That you allowed Hatori to invite her here. You don't think it's too soon, do you?"

Akito did not turn to her still draping herself over the window," She needs to be aware of her place,"

"Are you not worried he'll say too much?" Kira walked over to the window leaning onto her sister," Or maybe, Momiji"

"I am not worried, are you?"

"Hmm" Kira leaned her cheek on Akito's back," Not really, but can't you feel it? The excitement that our dear rabbit is expressing?"

"That child is always excited," Akito scoffed frivolously reaching over to a branch near the window and pulling at the leaves," Tell me, sister, if Tohru finds out about Hatori, how do you think she'll react?"

Kira hummed while she moved to stand next to Akito," She will cry, no doubt"

"Pitiful" Akito spat crushing the leaves," What will her crying do?"

"Hmm" Kira tilted her head and eyed the trees," Who knows? We'll just have to wait and see, anyway, I think it's time for me to head on over. I will be back soon"

"Take care, Kira" Akito did not remove from the window and waved lazily to her twin.

"Always will, sister"

Kira slowly closed the door and shut her eyes for a few seconds before walking down the long corridors. She was surprised in general at the amount of time she has been spending with Akito.

Disregarding the fact that they still had a wall between them, the only thing that made get along mutually without fighting was the sudden enigma that was Tohru.

As much as it started out as a small game, the twins had no idea of the rapid obsession that was growing within. Tohru was an outsider, but something about her just kept the twins wanting to see more of what she was capable of.

"Oh, well I was wondering where you disappeared off to," Shigure suddenly appeared in view from the end of the long corridor.

Kira rolled her eyes walking towards him," Sure, it's not because you came to check on the preparations for the banquet"

"Well, yes that is partially the reason and you know the other, don't you?" Shigure smirked as he crossed his arms," It's not so hard to put the pieces together, with Hatori's sudden appearance at the festival"

"You only bring it up now?" Kira ran a hand through her hair

"Well, I hardly had the chance to ask since you've been spending a lot of time here lately"

"Don't expect me to explain myself," Kira walked past him, but not before Shigure took hold of her arm," Wha-

Kira shot him a glare, but he didn't remove his tight hold, regardless of her burning stare," You are not that good at hiding your emotions, Kira"

"Excuse me?"

"I can see it, the restlessness that Tohru is putting you through"

Kira jeered pulling her arm out of his grip," You are heavily mistaken if you think that the girl can render such an emotion onto me"

"You'd be surprised what I can see" He voiced with a smirk as she walked ahead of him," When will you notice, Kira?"

Kira did not hear his last words and she also did not feel the emotions within him that she normally would. The reason was simply that he caught her into a whirlwind of uncertainty.