Chapter Ninety Five

A few weeks after his birthday celebration, Shigure had been able to rekindle his relationships with the other members

A few weeks after his birthday celebration, Shigure had been able to rekindle his relationships with the other members. He was unsure how he could ever repay Kira for doing so because since allowing them back into his life, he's realized how much he wanted to try to harder.

During one of his busiest days, Shigure was suddenly visited by his parents and alongside them was Kira, who they had already know for a while now about their relationship.

In fact, it was his mother who often voiced that he should just hurry and marry her, just in case she decided she didn't want to be with him anymore.

It was mostly a joke, but sometimes it made Shigure wonder if there were traits about him that led his own mother to say that. However, his laidback father often came to adding that it was his mother just rushing him to start and have them become grandparents.

Shigure had found himself overthinking about it. He and Kira had never spoken about their plans to marry or even have kids because they had a lot of things to focus on first. However, he couldn't deny that even if it was just a title, he had always dreamed of calling Kira his wife.

Since he was a kid and since the day, he had that dream about her visiting him before she was even born-the idea of her being his God was not even something he cared about. It was just the warmth that he always felt was so far have been given to him.

He had a good relationship with his parents, so it wasn't that he didn't know what it felt like and he had friends as well, but until the dream-Shigure had always felt something was missing.

Pushing aside his duties for the sake of entertaining his parents, he had found the day well spent. He did not feel stressed and he felt relieved from being pulled away from his duties for the day. He was quite frankly honest that if he kept on working that day, he'd end up losing his mind since this is truly the first time he's been worked to the bone.

Despite having been a full-time writer, he had to admit it was nothing that could compare to the workload of being one of the Family heads.

"I've heard that Akito and Kureno are going to be getting wedded soon," His mother suddenly said during their dinner. Shigure almost planted his face on the table knowing where the topic was going.

Kira's eyes lit up as she ecstatically nodded," Yes! I was honestly surprised that it wasn't sooner, but Kureno wanted to wait a little longer until he knew my sister was ready"

"Oh! How did he propose?" The older woman asked, being in the same wavelength of excitement that Kira was in.

Shigure shared a look with his father as the women went on to just talking about the topic, not even dragging them into it. They were practically in their own world at this point that if he and his father attempted to sneak away, Kira and his mother wouldn't even notice.

In fact, they both had done so to take a breather outside of the restaurant they were currently eating at.

His father lifted a cigarette to his son, but Shigure rejected it saying he no longer smoked," I am sorry about your mother, whenever weddings are mentioned, she just ends up losing track of time"

"Well" Shigure leaned his head chuckling," It turns out that Kira is just the same, I wasn't aware of how excited she was about them"

"It's all part of how it goes, Son," His father said smiling," You learn all of these things, regardless of knowing your other half for years. It is one of the joys, you can look forward to. Anyways, I know I always try to not repeat your mother's words, but do you plan on ever marrying her?"

"Since the first time that mother brought it up, she laid the seed for me to be thinking about it daily. However, when will I know when it's the right time?"

His dad chuckled patting his back," Trust me, you will just know. Just do not overthink it and allow yourself to wait and make it just come naturally"