Chapter Fifteen

Kira stared at the broken paper door and while she knew she was not going to be fixing it, but rather Kagura who damaged it, she couldn't get over the fact that it happened

"Staring at it won't magically make it fix, Kira" Shigure chuckled

Kira sighed and closed the door to their bedroom.

She had slipped away earlier when Kagura was outside with Kyo because she did not want the female teen to lower her head the entire time when finally noticing her. Since Tohru still did not know of Kira's position in the family, upon her orders to the family-she did not want there to be any suspicion at the sudden fear within Kagura.

"Where did you go when you left, earlier?" Shigure asked from his desk as he concentrated on his manuscript.

"Went to Hatori's to finish my check-up that wasn't finished the other day," Kira said as she plopped into her futon.

"Just Hatori's?" Shigure turned to her

"Yes, just Hatori's" Kira turned on the futon, facing her back to him.

"Really?" He did not give up and removed his glasses.

"Yes, really" She mumbled closing her eyes but heard a shift in her sheets.

Shigure reached over, turning her to face him, "Then tell me why your eyes look like that" He said softly, rubbing his hand under her detached eyes.

"If it isn't one of my worthless children,"

"Ren"

The deranged mother scowled at her, mostly in anger that Kira was almost the exact replica of Akira. The white hair, her eyes and her facial structure.

"Why...Why?! Why must you look so much like him!" She suddenly shouted and walked over grabbing onto Kira who did not fight back. The shouting continued, which immediately alerted the servants and Hatori who was still near since he walked Kira halfway out of his clinic.

"Did she hurt you?" Shigure said slowly as Kira explained what had happened

"Besides her degrading words? No, the maids were able to stop her before she could have" She fell silent for a couple of minutes before letting out a breath," Do I really look like my father?"

Shigure blinked at her words and leaned on his palm that was supporting his face. He peered at her face and then grabbed a small amount of her hair," No, you don't" He said honestly

"It was a mistake to ask you," Kira spat as she turned away from him, " You'll say whatever benefits you"

"That's not..." He sighed shaking his head, " You will understand, one day" Shigure whispered before getting up and returning to his table.

Kira had always hated being compared to her father-even if he was always kind to her and Akito-she was the only one that felt like some of his words were all compulsory.

"Shigure will never feel that empty void inside you-no one will, you are nothing more than a whore. He will only throw you away once your sister calls him into her arms"

Kira tightened her eyes at the words she did not tell Shigure, because she knew it was true. She was using him as well, but actually hearing it from someone else was entirely different.

It only irked her that it bothered her so much.