Chapter Fifty Four

Kira hummed listening to Shigure through the phone, as he reported to her about the incident that happened just a couple hours ago, "Isuzu gave Tohru such a fright, suddenly changing after having one of her breakdowns"

"What happened after?"

Shigure fell silent for a few seconds before letting out a short breath," She is indeed living up to your expectations, Kira. She was able to melt the ice in Rin's heart"

"Even if Isuzu had been adopted by Kagura's parents-She had always felt alone, always felt isolated. However, she kept on trying to even the point of being nearly killed by being pushed out a window"

"She did have Hatsuharu"

"Yes, but what she needed was someone who fought with her, not for her. Isuzu is finally clinging onto someone for support, for once she can see that her reality that she created on loneliness is only a facade to hide her pain"

"Do you really think she'll continue to cling to others?"

"Only time will tell, Shigure" Kira then followed after," Where is Isuzu now?"

"Surprisingly, she had decided to go to the hospital without putting up a fight. I did tell her that she needs all the strength she can if she wants to keep fighting"

"Hmm, do you want me to praise you?"

"I always enjoy them, but not until I know I did something. Tohru is the one who deserves the praise"

Kira would have laughed at the fact that Shigure denied a praise, but considering how serious the situation was, leading to things that felt unavoidable.

"I think it's time I had a talk with Tohru, would you let her know? Though tell her that if she is worried, she can have one of the boys outside"

"You know she wouldn't ask them that, but yes, I'll let her know, do you have a specific day?"

"Whenever she has the time, I'll have Hatori meet with her at the entrance"

"So, at the Main Estate, huh?"

"Yes, because it's the only place I can tell her what she needs to know and yes, Shigure I will tell you everything that happens"

"You make it seems like I worry about not knowing things, Kira," Shigure said playfully," Anyways" His tone turned serious," What is the progress to recovering your memories?"

"No luck so far, but I knew from the start that it's not going to be easy by just closing my eyes and asking myself 'what happened?'. I really don't know where to start, but I think that with how things are going, the opportunity for it will come. I just have to be patient and wait"

"Are you trying to prolong the inevitable?" Shigure asked

"Maybe I am, because as much as I want to regain my memories, what if I don't like what I hear? What if all that I've worked for is just going to end up being for nothing?"

"It's not like you at all to worry about something like that, do you need me to come over there?" Kira laughed bitterly almost threatening to hang up the phone, however, she held herself back.

"Do you want me to ban you from ever stepping into the Main Estate?"

"Don't be rash, Kira, after all, New Years is almost here. I look forward to seeing Momiji and Hatori's dance. But what I look forward to the most is that I'll be there for three days getting to spend the night with you-"

"You are not allowed here until the preparations for the Banquet! If you try to come here and don't think I am joking. I'll have the servants guard the doors to all entrances and even search for all the hidden passages," Kira shouted hanging up the phone as her face was completely red.