Chapter Forty Five

Kira's heart burned and she felt it slowly consume her sanity

Every time she closed her eyes, the one she was Shigure and the smirk he had before entering Akito's room. Since then, he had unusually been coming over the Main House and every time Kira saw him-he always had looked at her as if he wanted her to be envious.

Kureno had been left in the middle of it-from balancing his time with Akito to Kira who he noticed started to stare off into the distance with empty eyes.

During the first day, when Shigure had come and he had kept Kira company-He was shocked at she dismissed him not long after, her reason being that she wanted to rest. He obliged to her orders and found himself running into Shigure a little later.

"You must be in bliss right now, Kureno," Shigure said faintly

"A foolish thought, Shigure. I am nothing like you. I do not hurt others for my own benefit"

Shigure laughed dryly as he ran a hand through his hair," Continue to tell yourself that, Kureno, because in the end, you are also going along with the lie. It's funny, you know, we really are just running around in circles"

"I may be going along with the lie, but I am not manipulating anyone. I am just keeping a promise for the one love, whereas you do nothing but hurt the one you love. If you continue to play by your rules and not see what you are doing, you'll just end up losing everything in the end" Kureno concluded before taking the initiative with walking away and not letting Shigure try to find a way to lessen his words.

Akito walked around the estate looking for her twin, who had been cut off for the last couple of weeks. She was truly horrified at the emptiness that she was feeling coming from Kira.

It took her almost an hour to find her sister standing in the middle of a yard completely barefooted.

Akito's eyes widened seeing Kira's hair that was once long-short and exactly the way their father own was. For a moment, Akito almost swore Kira was the splitting image of their father.

"Kira, what have you done to your hair?" Akito stepped down the patio to the garden. She was terrified at the way her sister looked.

Kira giggled and turned to Akito," Look, the butterfly stopped moving. I don't know what happened, I just...held it and I was afraid it'd leave me so I held onto it tighter" Akito had one hand make it to her chest as the overbearing pain took over, she felt unsteady with the way her sister wasn't acting normal at all.

"Kira-" Akito called walking over and touching the uneven strands of her twin's once long hair," Kira what's going on?"

It was as if the words did not go across Kira, since the younger twin just smiled and opened her hand letting the butterfly fall to the ground. All she responded with was a giggle before turning and embracing Akito.

"Kir- Akito shook unable to comprehend the situation and confusion taking over. Her sister was definitely acting-as she once did before her accident-Always smiling, laughing and affectionate.

"Listen, Listen! I love you the most, Akito" Kira beamed while rubbing her face onto Akito's chest, before suddenly growing limp, making Akito nearly fall back. However, before she did, a firm hand was placed on her back.

Akito turned and saw that it was Hatori.

"Hatori" Akito's voice strained as she held onto Kira," Ki-Kira...she-

"Is fine, Akito, she just needs to rest. I was notified by the servants that Kira had not been sleeping well. I'll give her some medication to make her get the much-needed rest"

"Y-Yes...take care of her" Hatori nodded as he slowly took Kira into his arms and walked off with her," Kureno, can you take Akito back?"

Kureno stepped out from a corner and walked over to Akito helping her walk back to her room.

The older sister was truly terrified.