Prologue

"Do it." He said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because. I'll leave if you don't." He said.

I was lonely. So I did it.

I remember the lady screaming as my vision clouded.

*****

I traced my finger over the scars, barely even remembering the man who I once called a friend. I don't know why. All I can remember is him causing me trouble.

*****

I smiled as I was congratulated from shattering the glass. My parents had yelled at me, but that didn't matter. Ex was gonna stay, and I liked him. He was nice.

*****

If only I could take that back. If only I had said what was wrong. I could've been fixed. I wouldn't be here now.

*****

I yelled and jumped with my back to the wall as I woke to something besides me.
I smiled seeing it was Ex, sitting on the edge of my bed. He looked at me and made a shushing sign.

"Don't tell your parents, alright, Xisuma?"

I nodded as they burst in, looking at me. "What happened?!"

I froze. They didn't notice him. They never really did. I asked him why and he said not to worry about it. I didn't tell my parents either. They didn't like it when I talked about him. I looked at them.

"Uhh..."

Ex sighed and smiled before looking at them.

"Mommy, daddy, I'm sorry I just had a bad dream..."

He sniffled as they hugged him. I looked at them confused but they didn't notice. They didn't even notice me.

They hugged him before kissing his head and leaving. I went to look at him but was met with the ground. I looked around. I was the one on the edge of the bed.

I didn't see Ex for the rest of the night.

*****

I always wondered about that night. But I regretted the following. I should've told them. But I didn't.

*****

He laughed at me as I looked at the damage I had done. I had just hurt a friend. Badly.

*****

I closed my eyes trying to rid my mind of the memory. By then I knew who he was and just how badly I needed to destroy him. But I never could. He had ruined my life.

*****

"Ex?"

"Yeah Xisuma?"

"Will you ever leave me........?"

He smiled at me. "No, not as long as you listen to me, I won't."

I smiled. "Ok, I will!"

He looked at me and tilted my chin upwards. "You'll what?"

"I'll listen."

He dropped my chin and rested a hand on my shoulder.

"And I'll stay."

*****

I struggled on the restraints, regretting every day. Every gullible moment. Every edge and crevasse I gave him to hold onto and to use.

If only I had-

"But you didn't." He said.

I screamed, but it was useless.

Could've.

I could've helped myself.
I could've saved myself.
I could've lived on normally.

Should've.

I should've helped myself.
I should've saved myself.
I should've lived on normally.

Would've.

I would've helped myself.
I would've saved myself.
I would've lived on normally.

But I didn't.

I looked out the window and caught a glimpse of metal, my mind going back to that day as tears streamed my face.

I was the one who did that.

It wasn't Ex, who was the psychopath.

It was me.

[A/N]

(Hey guys so uh. It's late but I've been developing an idea for a book I really think you guys would enjoy. I know what I want to do but I needed a prologue so here it is. It's not the best and I'm most likely going to take this down and re-do it in the morning because it's just yeah, but I couldn't think of better. But that's not what matters.)

(Do y'all think I should continue or no? If not please just tell me or say what you didn't like, I don't want to do this if nobody wants it.)

(Also, if you're not sure, please try to stick around for a chapter or two please. I honestly think that some of you would enjoy it but just need to see it as the idea and not something crammed together at 11pm.)

[Continue?]

[Discontinue?]

[Honestly unsure of what's going on?]

[Make another prologue and re-try?]