1st ARC | 23 PT 1 | Blessing in Disguise

It was a heartwarming, chilly evening, wrapped so snugly in Thunder's embrace whilst the rain gently drummed against the windows as the air conditioner hummed in the dim-lit room.

For a girl only wearing her shirt under such a cold temperature, you honestly didn't seem too bothered with the frostbite.

Why of course, it's mainly because of Hali's arms tightly wrapped around your petite figure. You gave him your hoody for the mean time so he considered this as a simple gesture of his gratitude.

Hours ago, his fingers were stroking through the strands of your hair, the sensation lulling you deeper into the realm of dreams as he rested his chin on your head until slowly, reality faded and he too, was asleep.

Amidst the silence of the booth, the door silently creaked open, the dark silhouette of your aunt entering as she approached the bean bag you were both sleeping on.

"Oh...?" My, this is a shocker. An interesting one at that, for she didn't know another guy you'd actually cuddle with who isn't Solar. And yet, here you are; peacefully asleep in a male's arms who wore your hoody.

It seems the season's come around. She giggled.

She came in to remind you of the time as it was already passed bloody 9 pm, however it seems you've fallen into a deep slumber cuddling againt the boy you've always proclaimed to be a nuisance.

Not that your complaints were actually directed to him- rather, his dearest fans who've pestered him long enough every damned day.

In utter silence with utmost carefulness, your aunt reached for the familiar phone resting on the coffee table. Her fingers gently tapped onto the screen and your camera app was was opened in a second.

The shutter goes off and a satisfied grin decorated her lips as she examined the image now displayed on the screen.

Oh how adorable~!

She just couldn't resist, she had to take a photo.

Without so much as a haste, she returned your phone to its resting place, glancing once more at the boy comfortably hugging your body and she gets to work; taking the empty cups of milk tea and stacking them on a tray whilst she moved around to clear up the booth.

Careful as she was however, Thunder's sixth sense was still able to pick up the shuffling going on around him even when he wasn't awake.

Alas, his eye cracks open and he lifts his head, finding the bill of his cap currently blocking his view. Upon doing so, he spots your aunt neatly tidying the pillows on the floor as she moved to transfer the used tissues onto the tray, next to the empty cups.

He shifts on the bean bag, suddenly wincing when he felt the healing bruise on his arm ache beneath your head and the sound immediately drew your aunt's attention to the owner of the voice.

"Oh, did I wake you? I intended to do so after tidying up a bit, forgive me."

Eh...? Hali blinked, rubbing his eye with his free hand to drive away the sleepiness as he shook his head at the woman. "Uhh n-no auntie I just woke up..."

Your aunt grinned, nodding as she simply went back to work.

Thunder's brows met feeling a little embarrassed just sitting there and watch her work, knowing he can help. But when he motioned to stand from his spot, your aunt declined the gesture at once.

"No, stay seated, son."

"I-I can help auntie-"

"Oh please, this is nothing." she waved her hand. "Waking her up might cause more of a problem, dear." she said, pointing in your direction with a nod.