Chapter 18

#ILWTD CHAPTER 18

25 seconds...

I counted. He's been silent in 25 seconds. He's just staring at me, nothing words to say. His lips even parted. It's like, he's surprise of my question, like he didn't expected it. But I already said it. Hindi ko na pwedeng bawiin dahil nasabi ko na. Hinihintay ko nalang ang sagot niya, o anong masasabi niya, ngayon'g alam ko na.

To be honest, I don't really want to open up this topic, kasi sumasakit lang ang ulo ko. But I want to know why he lied. Yeah, I still consider him, lying. Others may think that I'm over reacting. That it's not a big deal, so why bother to confront him. That nothing's serious about it. But it is. It's a big deal. It's serious. Zilpah, never did lied to me. He's always honest. Kaya iniisip ko, bakit doon, nagsinungaling siya?

It's not that, I'm saying na he need to be honest to me all the time. Na responsibility niyang huwag magsinungaling sa'kin. But, I'm his friend. And that information is important to me. Lalo na at bahay pala yun ng taong alam niyang matagal ko nang mahal.

But I believe that there's a reason. That he lied for a reason. Maybe a big? To the point that he lied to me, that he usually don't. And I want to know his reason. I want to hear his explanation.

"W-what are you talking about?" He innocently asked and chuckled. But I can hear in his chuckled the nervousness. He even avoid my gaze. In short, he don't want the topic I opened up.

"I know now the truth, Zil... please, don't lied anymore." Mahinang sabi ko.

Natigilan naman siya. Then he sigh and wear his serious face. I can't now read his expression. It's like, in a blink of an eye, he became emotionless. This is the third time, I saw him like this. Emotionless and can't be read.

The first time is the day I met Caezar. The first horrifying and scariest day of my life.

And the second, is the second moment I saw and met Caezar again. And the day I first hear the name of that devil.

And now is the third. I notice that, I always seeing him in his serious face whenever it's related to Caezar. Is he related again this time? Was he the reason why Zilpah lied to me?

If it really is... how? Why? What?

"M," he called me. I don't need to turn my head to look at him, kasi kanina pa ako naka-tingin sa kanya. So he's the one, who turned his head to me and face me seriously. "You're right. But I'm not sorry that I didn't told you. I have my reason, M. A big one." He said. I purse my lips together and gulp. He's really serious, huh? Now, I wondered what's that reason is. He said, it's big. I'm curious about that big reason he's talking about. But, I'm not a type of a person, that desperate to hear someone else thing.

I sigh. "To be honest, I am really upset on you not telling me about it. But I know in the first place that you have your reason. Because I know you. I know you won't lie to me for nothing. Whatever that is, I'll wait for you to tell me. When it's time and if you're ready."

We smiled. I was about to speak when someone spoke first. "Hoy, hoy! Ano yan?! What are you smiling at? Hey, Mirthyl, why are you smiling at him?" Biglang sumulpot sa gilid ko si Morales na naka-kunot habang naka-tingin sa'min.

"Non of your businesses," bagot na sagot sa kanya ni Zilpah.

"I'm not asking you, jerk." Singhal naman ni Morales.

"I'm not a jerk, moron."

"I am also not a moron, idiot."

"Again, I'm not an idiot, bastard."

Bago pa man maka-sagot si Morales kay Zilpah ay nagsalita na si Arah. "Huwag mo na ngang patulan yan, Zil. Papansin lang yan."

Morales' jaw fell. "Mas nakakarami siya, Arah! Bakit siya yung pinagtatanggol mo?" Nanlalaki ang mga matang tanong ni Morales kay Arah na ngumisi sa kanya.