23.

Who are you? My eyes widened. I didn't feel the need to sleep anymore. It was a moment of silence except the giant voice we heard over the phone. "Jessica!" He said after a bit of speaking. She was safe then. "Micheal!" He yelled. "Are you there?" Shit, the kid was there, too. "Wait!" Max stood up. "Touch them and I'll put a bullet through your brain!" I got my gun out and loaded it. Ash shook his head. I glared at him and put it away. I walked over to him. "Why not?!" I whispered.

"Wait until we found out the full situation then you can go kill people!" I pulled out my gun.

"I'm going!" I stood up straight and Ash stood up.

"Stay here," he said. "Eiji, Ibe, and Sau-Yi will be here. I'm keeping Shorter with you in case someone comes."

"Fine," I said, putting the gun away. "Shorter's gonna make fun of me though."

"Just stay here," he said, putting his hand on my shoulder. "I might let Eiji stay if you stay here to protect them." He gave me a quick kiss and ran off with Max.

"Aww," Shorter said. "That's so cute-"

"Shut up, you idiot!" I snapped. I saw that they had left the house and I sat down. "Hey, did Vivian go with them?" I asked. Shorter nodded. "Damn. Takes Vivian but not me."

"He left you here so I can make fun of you."

"Apparently," I sighed. "God, this is torture." He looked slightly offended and I just waved. I heard a thump on the couch and we all looked towards Ibe. He laid there, eyes open, not moving. He can't be dead, can he? Eiji leaned over him and I got up. "Ibe-San!" he said. I looked at the tea and saw Eiji fall back into Yau-Si's arm.

"What the fuck?" I whispered. I looked up at him. "You're not who you say you are, are you?" I asked, reaching into my back pocket. He gave Eiji to Shorter and I looked at him in shock. "Sh-Shorter..." I muttered. I took out my knife. "We trusted you..."

"Y/N, I-"

"You bastard!" I cried. He winced. "We've been there for you every fucking time! Ash was right, we can't trust anyone." A tear rolled down my cheek. "How could you do this to Ash?! He put his trust in you-" I stopped mid-sentence. Everything turned black. Damnit, it was Yau-Si, or whatever his actual name is. I couldn't see anything, hear anything. He couldn't have knocked me out? He had a syringe or something like that. What was this piece of shit going to do?

I opened my eyes and groaned. Where am I? I sighed and saw someone lean next to me. My eyes widened. Arthur. I elbowed him in the face before he could say anything. I looked around the room, glaring. My eyes landed on Golzine. I reached for my knife and realized it was gone along with my gun. Son of a bitches.

"My name is Golzine-"

"Yeah, shut the fuck up!" I snapped. "What do you want from us? We don't know anything." Golzine chuckled.

"You're just bait for Ash," he said. My eyes widened.

"What do you mean 'bait'?" I asked.

"You two are clearly precious to Ash, especially you, Y/N, from what Yut-Lung," he said. Yut-Lung? Oh, him.

"Psh, what do you know?" I asked.

"Clearly, you and Ash have a special kind of relationship." Shit. He knew? Smart, but cold. "He'd obviously come running for you. As for Eiji, he'd do the same. He's clearly a close friend."

"You sure you got the right people?" I asked.

"Don't play dumb with me," Golzine growled and then looked at Eiji. "By the way, look who betrayed you." We both looked to the right and saw Shorter being held by two of Golzine's men. I glared at him.

"How could you?!" I cried. I slammed my fist against the table. "I fucking trusted you along with others and y-you betray us!" My voice started to break.

"Y/N, I didn't have a choice.." he sighed.

"What do you mean?!" I snapped. "Shorter, what do you mean?!" Eiji got up and looked at him.

"Tell me it's not true," he said. I tried to reach for Shorter but got held back.

"Get your hands off me!" I screamed.

"Tell me it's not true!" Eiji cried, being held back as well.

"I didn't have a choice!" He yelled as he was dragged away.

"Shorter!" Eiji and I yelled. I broke free from them and ran towards the door, my hand reaching out for him. The door shut and I felt myself being pulled to the ground. They picked me up by the arms and I screamed at them. "Get the hell away from me! Let me go!" I tried to kick them in the knees but it was useless. "Fuck off, you bastards!" They held me up against Golzine's desk, Eiji right beside me.

"We got a big job for him," he said and looked at us. "And I've got a job for you two." Eiji and I looked at each other, both worried and nervous. They dragged us away and I gave up fighting. What was the point? If I did get out of their hands, I couldn't fight back. They took my knife and gun, I was defenseless against them. We were dragged into a lab and I looked around. "Shorter!" I called.

"Y/N!" He yelled back. We were dragged right next to him and Golzine was in front of him.

"Begin," he said calmly. The scientist put a syringe in his arm and I winced.

"You bastards!" Shorter screamed. "I'll kill you all!"

"Shorter! No!" I cried, trying to be set free. "Fight it, Shorter! I know you can!"

"Stop!" Eiji yelled. It was too late. Banana Fish has entered his body.

(a/n: if I don't update, it's because I CANT WRITE THE NEXT SCENE IM GOING TO FUCKING CRY THERES A CHANCD ILL UPDATE SOON BUT IF I DONT ITS BECAUSE I DONT WANNA WRITE THE NEXT SCENE)