47.

"Was it her perfume or something?" Max asked.

"The first rule of assassination is never to leave behind any trace," he said.

"You're an assassin?" I asked. He looked at me, annoyed, and back at Max.

"But it cost her her life," he continued. "No nurse doesn't smell of antiseptics."

"Clever," Max said. I heard the dripping of some kind of liquid. I looked at Ash and saw dripping blood. This man on his period all of a sudden? Ash collapsed and we all jumped back.

"Ash!" I shouted as Max caught him. I looked at where Max's hands were and there was blood soaking into his hospital gown. "Shit." He was transported into another hospital room and we all looked at each other. "Hey, Max, how come you never told me Vivian was alive?" I asked, smiling.

"U-uh, I mean he said you looked depressed so nobody did," he responded. I sighed.

"Assholes," I muttered. I sat on the ground and sighed.

"You tired yet?" Vivian asked. I yawned and nodded. I put my head on my knees and sighed. "Um, Y/N-"

"Shut up, I'm trying to sleep," I groaned.

"Y/N, listen to Vivian-"

"Shut up, Max!"

"Y/N-"

"What?!" I asked, cutting off Vivian and raising my head. She pointed at my side and I saw blood pouring out. "Ash and I are soulmates, I guess," I said, feeling dizzy.

"Y/N, you're legit bleeding," Max told me.

"Am I gonna die? Because that'd be pretty cool."

"Y/N!" Vivian snapped.

"Eh, people are dying around me, does it really matter?" I asked before passing out.

My eyes barely opened and I blocked the sun from blinding me. I sat up and saw Vivian at my side. "Oh, hey," I groaned, about to get out of the bed. She pushed me back.

"No, you're staying here," she told me. I groaned.

"You're boring," I sighed.

"No, I'm just trying to save your ass," she told me.

"Your ass died on me."

"But now I'm back."

"You still died." She paused.

"I'm back though." I sighed and fell on my pillow. "I'm gonna go, if I see your ass is gone, I will kill you."

"Thanks, I've been waiting for death," I said as she left the room. I sat up and looked out the window. "I wonder where Aslan is.." I got out of bed and got closer to the window. After a while, I heard the door open. "Vivian, beat my ass if you want but I really needed to get out of bed," I said.

"I'm not sure who Vivian is but we're not her," a man said. I turned around and saw two men standing there. My eyes widened.

"Who the hell are you guys?" I asked.

"We're here to take over your case from here on out," one of them responded, holding up his badge. FBI, got it.

"What do you want from me? If you really want some information, go ask Ash," I said. He nodded.

"We've already told him about this and we thought we should bring you along since you guys clearly have some type of relationship," he said to me.

"Bring me to where?" I asked.

"The National Mental Health Center," he replied.

"Why there?"

"We need to test Ash there," he said. I nodded and stretched.

"Got it, I wanna leave this place so let's go," I sighed. We got into an ambulance and I sat across from Ash. They handed us eye masks and I put it over my eyes. It was dark, obviously, and the car ride was silent.

"You two are being quiet," one of them said.

"Last time I made small talk, nobody talked to me," I responded.

"You're not the FBI, are you?" Ash asked.

"Hm?" I asked.

"Did you really think they were the FBI?" Ash questioned.

"I mean, look at the outfits-"

"I can't." I think he was pissed at me.

"If you had look at their outfit, you would've noticed they have suits by Tom Stuart, neckties by Franco Facci, and Holden straight last shoes," he told me.

"Uh, nice to know?" I said, confused.

"I see. What they said about you is true?" One of them said.

"That he's apparently been studying clothes since forever?" I asked.

"I haven't been studying them-"

"Sure, you haven't!" I snapped. "How'd you know what the clothes were?"

"I-"

"Because you study clothing!" I felt the car stop and I kicked the bottom of Ash's shoe and he kicked mine right back. I smirked as we walked out of the ambulance. "Can we see yet?"

"No," one of them responded.

"Why?" I was ignored, like usual. "Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No." There was a moment of silence.

"Please?"

"No." I silently reached for the mask and one of them smacked my hand.

"Ow, you bitch," I remarked."I've been wearing this for how long?" I froze as I felt the path change. "Are we inside a building?"

"Yes." I nodded and reached for my mask again. "That doesn't give you permission to take it off."

"Oh, come on!" I sighed.

"Ok, we're going to have to separate you two," one of them told us.

"Excuse me? I thought I was staying with him," I said.

"For the car ride, yes, but now you two must be separated." I sighed.

"Well, bye, Aslan," I said, waving as if he could see me.

"Bye, Y/N," he replied as I heard footsteps departing.

"So can I-"

"No." I groaned as I heard a door open and I sat down on the bed.

"Now?" I asked. The man sighed.

"Yes," he said, clearly done with me. I took it off and we were in a boring white room.

"Oh, was there anything interesting outside this room?" I asked. He got up.

"No, just hallways," he responded, looking done with my bullshit. He left the room and I heard the door lock. I sighed and looked around the room and found a security camera. I gasped and walked over to it.

"Do you guys have any food?" I asked.