26.

"Vivian!" I cried and looked up at them. "You bastards!" I shot at them and watched them collapse to the ground. Vivian had a shallow breath. I threw her over my shoulder. "Don't die on me!" I said as we kept going.

"Y/N, I have to-"

"No, you don't!" I yelled, shooting at his guys. "Not yet!" We ran down to a garage and put Vivian on the ground. I took her jacket off and put pressure on the wound. "Stay alive, please!" I cried. "I've lost too many people already! I'm not losing you!" She coughed up blood and just looked at me, smiling.

"Y/N.." she whispered, coughing again. "Let me go.." Tears were streaming down her face.

"I can't!" I screamed. "I can't! I can't! I can't!" Ash put his hand on my shoulder.

"Y/N, you have to let her go," he told me. I shook my head, rubbing a tear off my face. She looked at me in the eyes, reaching her hand up. I grabbed her hand and she smiled.

"It was nice..." she paused, her voice raspy. "working with you guys.." she grabbed Ash's hand and sighed. She let go and looked back at me. "Keep fighting.. for me.." I watched as she went limp and I heard her raspy breath stop. I leaned over her, eyes widened. I took the jacket off her and hugged it, curling into a ball.

"No.." I whispered. Ash helped me up as I stared at Vivian. I picked her up.

"Y/N, leave her here.." I shook my head. "Y/N, you have to-"

"No!" I snapped in anger. He looked at me and told someone to take me with them. "What about you?"

"I gotta go take care of business," he said and gave me a quick kiss. I smiled weakly.

"Shorter..." I sniffed. "would never let us forget this." Ash nodded, barely smiling. I climbed into a car with Eiji and put Vivian down. "Wait, Y/N." I looked at Ash and he took Vivian. "I'm burning this place down and I feel like it'd be right if we let her burn here." I sighed.

"I g-guess so.." I said. He nodded and shut the door. I watched him run off, Vivian over his shoulder as we drove away. I stayed silent for the car ride. I didn't say anything. Eiji looked at me, worried, then back to looking ahead of us. I collapsed on a bed and laid there before falling asleep. I woke up the next morning and Eiji walked into the room. "Hey.." he said. I looked at him and waved. "There's breakfast out here. Want some?"

"No thanks.." I muttered, resting my head on my knees.

"Y/N, you have to eat." I shook my head and he sighed before shutting the door. What's the point if I was gonna die like them? I rubbed my eyes and heard the gang exclaim. After a bit, it went silent before the door opened again. I looked up and saw Ash.

"You ok?" He asked. I shook my head. That's a stupid question. Do I look ok? He shut the door and sat down next to me. "Eiji told me you weren't gonna eat."

"What's the point if I'm gonna die?"

"Y/N, I won't let you die.." he promised. "Would Skip want this?"

"No."

"Would Shorter want this?"

"No."

"Would Vivian want this?"

"No." He looked at me and smiled.

"Then come eat," he offered. I sighed.

"Do you have anything small?" I asked. He sighed and walked out of the room. He came back in with a banana. "I have a hatred against bananas now but I won't complain." I peeled it and took a bite out of it.

"It's dark, wanna go out there?" I nodded and I walked out of the room, looking up at everyone. "Y/N, you should go get your arms checked."

"It's fine, they're healed. Scarred, but healed," I told him. He sat down on a bed and collapsed. Huh. Tells me to leave a room then falls asleep. He sat back up and stared at us.

"Two hours, wake me up after two hours," he said, the gang looking terrified. I smirked. This is how it's been for a while. We just kinda relaxed until someone broke the silence. "It's been two hours, should we wake him up?"

"What are you guys so afraid of?" Eiji asked.

"Damnit, Eiji! Don't ask that question-" Bones shushed me and I rolled my eyes.

"Ash has an evil temper," Alex replied.

"That's how Ash always is, you idiots." He slapped my knee and I groaned. Why my knee?

"That's it?" Eiji asked.

"That's not all," Kong said nervously. "He's scarier than a lion when he wakes up."

"Look what he did when I woke him up once," Bones said, showing Eiji his teeth.

"I can't believe you guys," I sighed. "Eiji, it's fine. They're overreacting." He nodded and went over to Ash. They all panicked and I laughed. "Oh, you guys are idiots!"

"Ash, wake up, its time," Eiji said, shaking him. I walked over to him and the gang looked at us nervously. He slapped Ash on his head and they all ran. I tried to keep myself from laughing. "I said wake up. It's been 2 hours." I poked Ash.

"Aslan, get your ass up," I said.

"You've done this?" I nodded.

"I dropped him on the floor once.." I paused and yelled, "and I'll do it again if he doesn't get up!" He shifted and rolled facing up and his head came out of the blanket. "Oh, look, it's a wild lynx," I joked. "You're hair is a mess, god." He looked at us.

"Has it been two hours?" He asked.

"No, we just felt like waking you up," I sighed. "Yes, it's been two hours, you dummy." He groaned and sat up, putting his head against his hand.

"Did I say two hours?"

"That's what we heard," I said. He nodded.

"I'm gonna go take a shower."