48.

I sighed. It felt like I've been in the room for forever. I looked at the camera. "Hey, how come I'm here?" I asked, flopping on the bed and wrapping the blanket around me. "I mean, there's nothing wrong with me." Other than me going insane but we're not gonna mention that. I got off the bed and laid on the floor, contemplating life. "I wonder where Vivian is," I whispered to myself. I threw the blanket off of me and got up. I tapped the camera and kept tapping on it repeatedly. I eventually got bored and face-planted onto the bed. I heard the door open and I didn't look up. "I'm not dead," I said, my voice muffled by the bed. I looked up and saw a guy standing there. "Cool, we leaving?" I asked. He just walked over to me and handcuffed me. "Wow, thanks." I got up and was escorted out of the room. I saw Ash, also handcuffed, and he looked over at me.

"Hey," he muttered.

"Hi." We didn't talk at all as we walked. Where were we walking? I had no clue. I sighed and all of a sudden, Ash fell to the ground. He was up to something. This wasn't how Ash usually was unless they did something him.

"You ok?" The guy leading us asked.

"Just dizzy," he responded and looked at me. He knew I knew that he was doing something. We continued to walk but stopped after a minute.

"Dr. Mannerheim." There was a different man in front of us, probably a patient as well. How come he's roaming freely? "Hello. How are you?" He asked.

"Hi Adam. Glad to see you're doing well." Dr. Mannerheim. Gotta remember that name. "Let me introduce you. This is Ash and Y/N." I waved at Adam, not knowing what else to do.

"Hello Ash, Y/N. How are you?" Adam asked. Is he on drugs or something? Is he even human?

"Uh, great," Ash replied, unsure. Adam just walked away. There's no way he's an actual human.

"He raped and killed 3 nuns. A ruthless criminal," Dr. Mannerheim told us. Say what? "Doesn't look like it, eh?" He clearly saw Ash and I's confused expression. "It's all thanks to the treatment he received here."

"What kind of treatment do you give that makes one simply go back to normal and not seem like a human?" I asked. He just looked at me and ignored my question. Something wasn't right.

"Come this way," he said and we continued. The doors opened and it was a dark room with green tubes. I felt like I was in one of those sci-fi movies. We walked along the aisle and I realized there were brains in each tube. How did they have access to this? I shrugged. This is a mental health hospital, I shouldn't be questioning this kind of shit that's probably completely normal in this hospital, hopefully. "Surprised? These are all partial samples of human brains." Partial? They look like whole brains to me. "Humans brains are extremely complex. It's a system of miracles." Dr. Mannerheim turned to look at us. "Now, about Adam." He looked me right in the eyes. "To answer your question, Y/N, we treated him with a certain drug."

"Seemed like you did," I muttered. Ash looked surprised.

"Yes, you both know the drug very well." No, he's not talking about that drug. "It's called Banana Fish." My eyes widened. "But here, we call it B1."

"More like BS," I murmured to myself. Ash gave me a look. I smirked at him and glared at Dr. Mannerheim.

"You're using criminals as guinea pigs?" Ash asked.

"Hey, we're not criminals!" I snapped.

"You people overreact to the word 'human experimentation'," he said. "but where would medicine be today without it? You understand, don't you?"

"I thought that stuff only happened in movies and books," Ash said, smirking.

"B1 was a superb drug but it had its defects," Dr. Mannerheim told us. Yeah, we've seen the defects. I looked pissed. "Luckily, we succeeded in removing the violet side effects." Luckily. Still a dangerous drug though. "And Adam proved that."

"I mean, it's still a dangerous drug, if you think about it," I said. But you wouldn't give two fucks. Dr. Mannerheim nodded.

"It was before we removed the violent side effects," he responded. "It was difficult doing that but luckily, your friend here helped us out."

"What friend?" I asked and he pointed to one of the tubes. My eyes widened. Yes, there was a brain sitting there like any other of the tubes, but not just any brain. Don't tell me that.. I looked at him in shock. It was Shorter's.

"Damn you, I'll kill you!" Ash snapped, being held back by the two men. I stood in front of Dr. Mannerheim and kicked him in the chin. He fell back and I whipped around. I kicked back one of the men and ran behind the other one. I threw my arms around his neck and lifted my arms up, the handcuffs choking him. Yeah, my wrists hurt like hell from that but it was worth it. Ash managed to escape from his grip and he looked at me. I looked back at him, smirking. I felt the guy pass out and I let go, sighing. "Please pay me back for saving your ass," I said.

"I'll remember that," he responded.

"I've done it one too many times," I sighed, looking over at Dr. Mannerheim. My eyes widened. "Little shit called security!" I stormed over to him and kicked his stomach. He grunted and clutched his stomach. I backed up and shook myself. "If you die on me, I swear to god, Aslan," I said. I heard footsteps from behind and didn't get a chance to react before I felt a heavy thud on my head. My head was ringing and I stumbled around before going unconscious and falling to the ground.

(a/n: y/n doesn't get paid enough for this)