28.

"What's so funny?" Ash asked. Eiji and I laughed harder.

"The man who threatens to kill me and runs a gang.. is scared of pumpkins!" I exclaimed.

"You guys better not tell anybody else!" He snapped. Tears were forming in my eyes and so were Eiji's.

"I gotta tell Golzine!" He said. "Tell him he's got to fire those bodyguards and plant a pumpkin garden instead!" I laughed harder.

"Now he can defeat the great Lynx!" I slapped my leg and Ash looked at us, annoyed.

"Laugh all you want," he muttered. Eiji calmed down but I was still dying. He slapped the back of my head and I fell over, laughing harder. "Y/N, shut up," Ash said.

"What? Are people gonna hear that the great gang leader is scared of pumpkin?" I asked. He put his hand over my mouth and I stopped. He walked away and pulled out his gun. I sat up and grabbed my knife. Someone was here. "Eiji, stay back," I ordered. He nodded and hid behind the bed. I ran behind the wall, knife closed but I had it out. A hat and sunglasses appeared from behind. "Oh my god," I sighed. "Hey."

"Oh, it's The Fly," Ash said, getting up. I put my knife away and gave him a high-five.

"Haven't seen you in a while," I said.

"Neither have I." He walked over to the bed and laid a bunch of guns out.

"Hm, maybe the mafia is scared of pumpkins, too," I muttered and Ash glared at me.

"Did you guys get into a fight?" He asked. I shook my head, trying not to laugh.

"We just found out that the great Ash Lynx is-" he put his hand over my mouth and I groaned.

"is amazing. Yeah," he said, dropping me on the ground.

"Hmph, you're no fun," I said. Ash picked up a gun.

"You still like that old-fashioned revolver?" 'The Fly' asked.

"He'll never leave it," I told him, plopping onto the chair. They kept talking about the type of gun Ash was gonna have. "Hey, can I have one?" I asked.

"Y/N, I thought you preferred knives," Eiji said.

"I do but since we're doing far away combat, why not," I told him.

"What kind of gun do you prefer?" Aslan asked.

"Uh, the good kind?" I said, confused. "I don't know my guns." He sighed and tossed me a random gun. "This'll work." The Fly packed his stuff and looked at Ash.

"You're gonna be able to pay for this, right?" He asked.

"No, he's not-"

"Yeah, I'll pay you back," he interrupted.

"Don't listen to him," I mouthed and he slapped the back of my head. "Ow! Why is everyone hitting me in the back of the head today?" I rubbed my head as Ash reached for his ear.

"Here's a jade worth 400,000," he said, tossing it to The Fly.

"Oh, shit." I forgot he had that on him. He left with the jade and I looked at Aslan. "I see you're not bankrupt."

"Yeah? I see you are bankrupt," he said.

"Hey, I can't be in a gang and have a job at the same time," I told him. "That's too much work."

"Murdering people isn't?" He asked. I nodded.

"Want something to drink?" Eiji asked.

"Sure."

"Got it." He went into the kitchen and Ash stared out the window.

"Where'd you send the gang off to?" I asked. "Was their mission to go eliminate all pumpkins on Earth?"

"Haha, very funny," he sarcastically said.

"If I get you a pumpkin for your birthday or something-"

"Don't you dare," he growled.

"Ok.." Eiji handed Ash and I a hot mug with some tea in it. We continued to look out the window until I looked at Eiji. "You still there?"

"What are you staring at?" Ash asked.

"I noticed how your eyelashes are blonde as well," he told him.

"Well, duh," I murmured. "What would they be? Brown?"

"Down under, too. Wanna see?" Ash asked.

"Yeah, sure!" Eiji exclaimed. I choked on my tea as Ash backed up. "I'm kidding," he said nervously. Ash sat on the bed.

"You're weird." I chuckled a bit and looked at Eiji.

"Why do you wanna see down under there?" I asked, clearing my throat and still concerned.

"I-" he stopped. "That was a joke!" I nodded.

"Mhm, sure," I said, putting my tea on the nightstand. Eiji grabbed our some first-aid and started tending to Ash's wounds. He took off his shirt and Eiji started as Ash scrolled through his tablet. He put a cotton ball on one of the wounds.

"Ouch!" He yelped.

"Sorry!" Eiji said. "Did that hurt?"

"Like hell it did!" He snapped. "If you didn't know, I have a delicate body."

"You've legit been shot, shut your ass up," I said.

"It really hurts if you do it sloppy like that," he said. Oh, he was in for it now. I turned around and continued to sip my tea.

"Well, sorry about that!" Eiji said over Ash's yelps of pain. "I'm a sloppy Japanese and can't do better!" I snickered and put my tea on the nightstand. I turned around to look at Ash and saw him all wrapped in bandages. I laughed at him and he glared at me. "Y/N, you're next!" Eiji said.

"Ok, do it." I put my arms out for him and felt a lot of stings but it was fine. "Damn, the 'sloppy' Japanese is pretty good at this, Ash!" I said loudly so Ash could hear. I looked over at him. "You're just a baby that runs a gang and is afraid of pumpkins."

"Excuse me?!"

"Oh, I forgot, you're a delicate child that runs a gang and is afraid of pumpkins," I added. Eiji finished bandaging my arms.

"Now would the delicate American and the probably going insane American like a sandwich made by a sloppy Japanese?" He asked.

"Sounds fine to me," I said, shrugging. "Buy a cookie cutter shaped like a pumpkin and make Ash's sandwich look like one!"

"Shut up, Y/N!"