59.

We got to the apartment after a while and I walked into a room. He turned to look at me and turned back to look out the window. Ferret, read his mind.

"I can't do that." I sighed. I walked over to him. "Something wrong?" He looked at me.

"I thought I saw something but it's nothing." I looked out the window. I couldn't see anybody or anything except the few people walking back home and cars driving.  "Maybe I was wrong."

"No, when you see something, it's something," I said.

"Please speak English."

I am.

"No, you're not." I looked out the window.

"Wait, Ferret's stronger than most of us, right?" I asked Ash. He nodded. "Could she see whatever you saw?"

"Try it." I nodded. Ferret, I'm giving you permission to do this, please don't kill anyone in the process. There's the feeling again. Feeling detached. She nodded and looked around. "See anything?" Ash asked. She shook her head slowly while still searching for it.

"Wait, over there." She looked towards a building. "'Kay, you can take control now." I shook myself. It was always a weird feeling. I looked over to the building.

"Can you see anything?" I asked Ash.

"I feel like I do." I squinted, like that was gonna help somehow.

"Same. Like, a presence is there." He looked over at me. "Maybe there isn't but still, it's not safe." He nodded.

"If someone is targeting this place, it isn't us," he said. We both stopped and stared at each other.

"Eiji," we both said. The door swung open.

"Hey-" I whipped around.

"Get down!" I shouted as I saw a bullet nick his arm. Ash and I both lunged at Eiji, Ash managing to knock him down. I felt a bullet go through my ankle and I groaned. Bones and Kong peeked in and we looked up at them.

"Turn off the lights!" Ash yelled and it was darkness. I got up and limped out of the room. I collapsed on the couch and sighed. Vivian ran into the room and I sat up.

"Y/N, you got shot in the ankle," she said.

"I know." I walked over to Ash. He looked at me. "He is the target, isn't he?"

"Maybe you, too. They just didn't aim for you."

"But why?" We both turned around to look at Eiji.

"They know he's a weaker person than you so I'd have to protect him, especially since right now, I'm supposed to protect him," he said.

"So if he gets hurt or dies-"

"Yeah, they know me, whoever shot at us."

"Dino?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Dino can't do that but I don't know who," he said. His phone rang and he ran into a nearby room. I watched as the door shut and Vivian looked at me. 

"Can we help your ankle yet?" She asked. I nodded and walked over to the couch. I saw blood coming out of the wound. I left a small trail of blood around the place. You should've stayed in my body.

"It's not like it would do anything."

Come on, you're a ghost! You can't just, not make me get hurt?

"I'm not that kind of ghost." I groaned. Vivian looked up at me as she finished bandaging my ankle.

"Stop dying over there," she said, smacking my forehead.

"Wow, how rude. First, it's the fry, now you're smacking me." She just turned around and smirked. I opened the door to where Ash was and he was just standing there, phone in hand. I shut the door. "Something wrong?" I asked. He looked over at me.

"The person who shot at us called."

"Called? As in called your phone?" He nodded. "Who?"

"Blanca." My eyes widened.

"That Blanca?" I asked.

"Yeah, that Blanca." I sighed.

"But, didn't he retire?" I asked.

"I think he's doing one last job," he said. "He told me who his targets were."

"I don't like the 's' at the end of 'targets'. It's Eiji and I? Isn't it?" He shook his head.

"Well, yes, you two, mainly Eiji, but also Vivian."

"They're seeing her as a traitor?" He nodded. I looked at the door and back to Ash. "Eiji is the main one, then who's after that?"

"I don't know, they know we have something between us but Vivian is seen as a traitor to the mafia."

"So, we just have to wait and see," I said. I sighed. "Should we just crash for the night? They should be gone." He nodded. He walked over and hugged me.

"I'll check on Eiji, you can go sleep," he told me. He let go and opened the door. We both walked out and Vivian was just sitting on the ground, smirking. Ash and I stopped. "What is it?" Ash asked.

"Did you guys have some romantic moment in there or something?" She asked.

"Oh god! Look at the time, we're going to bed!" I stammered quickly. "Goodnight, Ash! Goodnight, Vivian!" I finger gunned them while backing slowly into the bedroom. I fell onto the bed and looked out the window. I got up and walked over to the window. I slowly closed the curtains.

"I thought it was safe," Ferret said.

"Safety precautions," I told her. "I'd like to not die in my sleep."

"You won't."

"I'm not a ghost, so shut the fuck up. I asked if when you take control of my body, if I'm invincible and you said no!" I turned out the light and fell onto the bed.

"That's not how it works."

Well, it doesn't seem like you can be a ghost except for in my head and dreams.

"Can you visit tonight?"

You're living in my mind, why do I need to visit?

"Because I'm lonely." I sighed. I was done with Ferret's bullshit, but I knew she wouldn't leave me alone about this.

Fine, but only this once. I threw the blanket over me and fell asleep, visiting Ferret as if that would do anything.