25.

He dropped the knife and looked numb. Blood dropped form his chest and onto my face. "Shorter.." I whispered. He looked at me and I could tell the real Shorter could see me one last time. He collapsed onto me and I scrambled away. "Shorter!" I yelled. I hit my fist against the cold ground. "No!" I looked at him, tears streaming down my face. "Shorter, wake up!" I was grabbed by my arms and I didn't want to leave. "Get the fuck off me!" I screamed and thrashed as I was dragged out of the room. "Shorter!" I yelled one last time, reaching out for him before the door shut.

"Let go!" I yelled. I was dragged to a bedroom again and thrown into the room, hitting the bed.

"Luck you two are. You're 'off-duty' tonight," one of the guys said. "Papa likes composed little boys like Ash-"

"Oh, fuck off already!" I snapped and kicked them back while slamming the door. I'm not even a boy. I collapsed onto the floor and quietly cried. The blood from my arms soaked into the carpet. Eiji grabbed a chair and I looked up at him. "Let us out!" He shouted, slamming the door with the chair.

"Stop it, you dumbass!" I cried. "It's no use! We're all gonna die here"

"Y/N, we'll make it out-"

"No!" I shouted and startled him. I got up weakly and looked at him in the eyes. "If we get out of here, how are we supposed to save the others while saving ourselves?"

"I.. I don't know-"

"Exactly.." I collapsed on the bed and let the blood soak into the sheets. Before I knew it, I had passed out. God.. what were we supposed to do? It's not like we could do anything about it. I woke up and shielded my eyes from the sun. Eiji was already awake and sitting in front of the door. I yawned and shook myself. What happened last night? My head was aching and then it hit me. Oh, that's right. I didn't wanna remember that. I looked out the window and sighed. I rubbed my arms and could see it was still bleeding but only a bit. I looked at the bed and saw blood stains all over it. That's pleasant. I looked back out the window. "Wait a minute, you dumbass!" I exclaimed.

"Y/N, you can't keep calling me dumbass-"

"The window, you idiot!" I snapped. He looked up and gasped quietly.

"But how? I broke the chair." I grabbed a lamp and started hitting it against the window.

"Ok, that isn't gonna work," I sighed in disappointment. I put the lamp back and tried kicking it down.

"Y/N, if a lamp can't break it, neither can your foot," Eiji said.

"You smacked a door with a chair when it clearly wasn't going to work, look who's talking," I retorted. I saw a bling of sun and covered my eyes. I looked over and gasped before smiling. I gave a thumbs-up to them and turned to Eiji. "You know what? I give up."

"What?!" He said. "Just like that?!" I nodded and looked back out the window before walking away.

"Yeah, just like that."

The time flew by quickly and surprisingly. We were on a locked room with nothing to do. It reached night and I saw a car pulling out. "Golzine's leaving," I said.

"Huh?" Eiji came to my side and looked. "This is our chance!"

"No, I know we have a chance but it's not up to me," I replied, smirking. We sat there for a while and Eiji asked why we weren't doing anything. He jumped at the sound of gunshot. "Probably Ash," I said. "But when are the others getting here?"

"Others?" He asked.

"Ash!" I yelled, trying to kick the door down. "Aslan!" The gunshots were too loud. I sighed, believing that he couldn't hear me.

"Y/N! Eiji!" Ash yelled. I looked up at the door.

"Ash! Aslan!" I called. "Lynx!" I attempted to kick down the door. "We're in here!"

"Eiji! Y/N!" His voice was close and I heard Ash hit the door. "Are you guys ok?!" I looked at him, panting.

"For the most part!" I called.

"Get under the bed!" He yelled. I jumped over the bed and hid behind it as Eiji crawled under.

"Ok, go!" I yelled and heard the door lock explode. I sat up. "Ash!" I cried, running up to him and hugging him. Eiji got out from under the bed and joined me.

"Ok, this is nice but we have to go!" Ash said. I nodded and he handed me a gun and a knife.

"Thanks," I said, smirking. I loaded the gun and cocked it. "Let's go." We raced out of the bedroom, shooting any of Golzine's guys in sight. We headed down a hallway.

"Watch your back," Ash said. Eiji nodded. I stayed behind him just in case. Two guys came running in front of Ash and he quickly eliminated them. I turned around and shot the guy running at us.

"This place is swarmed with them," I said.

"Yeah? Well, backup is coming soon," Ash told us.

"Damnit." I loaded my gun again and we headed off. I saw a group of guys heading my way and stopped, my eyes widening.

"Boss!" Some of them exclaimed to Ash. "Y/N!"

"Hey, guys," I said, waving.

"Is this what you meant when you said we had a chance at escaping?" Eiji asked.

"Mhm. Saw them out of the window," I replied as they talked with Ash.

"That's why you stopped!" I nodded.

"One of them gave away where they were hiding out but they had seen me," I said. "I knew we were gonna be fine." I heard more footsteps and looked behind them. "Vivian!" I exclaimed.

"Y/N!" She called back, running towards me. Two of Golzine's men came right around the corner and shot at us. They missed me, Eiji, Ash, and the gang. But they didn't miss Vivian as I saw a bullet go right into her chest.