18.

"They're going inside the diner," I said. He nodded and we hid by the window. We peaked inside and I sighed. I cocked my gun and Ash sighed not to shoot. "Ash! Y/N!" Ash and I whipped around and saw Eiji and Shorter. Damnit, Eiji! I ducked as the window exploded.

"You hear us, Ash Lynx?" Someone said from inside. Ash and I looked at each other, me looking worried. "Throw your gun away and come out if you want them alive." I shook my head. "The woman goes first." Ash looked at me, clearly telling me on the inside not to shoot. I nodded reluctantly and softly sighed. "You wanna see her brains busted?"

"Stop!" Ash yelled. "Don't touch them." He threw the gun inside and I heard Jennifer gasp. "Now let them go!"

"We don't have both guns."

"What? I only have one-" he stopped and looked at me. I sighed and threw mine in.

"You're not the one in control here." I wanted to get my gun back and kill him. "Come out with hands behind your head."

"Bastards!" He whispered.

"Didn't you hear what I said?"

"We're not deaf, you idiot!" I snapped.

"Fine, I'll do what you said, damnit!" Ash shouted, knocking the window aside and jumping in the diner. He stood straight up and out his hands behind his head. "Go to hell!" He snapped.

"Aren't you glad you have such a loving son?" the guy said to Jim. "Where's the other one?"

"What other one?" Ash asked. I could run, I could go in like him, I could fight. I sighed.

"Don't play dumb with me!"

"Aslan, it's fine!" I said. I walked inside and put my hands up. Golzine's guy got up and pushed Jennifer to Ash.

"Go." Jennifer ran up to him.

"Ash," she said.

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this," he said. I sighed.

"You're such a fool." I glared at him. "You really thought you could beat Papa Dino." He got close to Ash, holding a gun. Jennifer backed up and I looked over at her. "You're gonna be fine," I mouthed. She nodded nervously and I looked back at Ash.

"Never mind. The order was to catch you alive." What did they need Aslan for? He pulled out handcuffs. Just Ash, huh? I saw a flood of lights pour into the diner.

"Freeze police!" I heard Max yell. I smirked. Smart-ass. I threw Ash my knife and he caught it and ran at the guy, who was blinded. He knocked him onto the table and stabbed him. "I told you knives would be nice."

"Not all the time though." I smirked.

"You punk!" The other guy yelled and gunshots ran through the air. I turned around and saw Jennifer fall to the ground, blood pouring from her chest.

"Jennifer!" Jim yelled.

"No!" I yelled. I ripped the knife out of Ash's hand. I glared at the guy holding the gun. "Fuck you!" I snapped, throwing the knife at him. It hit him in the chest and he shot Jim before collapsing to the ground.

"Dad!" Ash yelled. I ran over to Jennifer and started to put pressure on the wound.

"Don't be dead!" I cried. "You're going to be ok!" I looked up and looked up. "Ash!" He turned around and saw somebody with a knife. Shorter stood behind him and slit his throat, blood spilling out and he collapsed.

"Is she.." Ibe said.

"Dead," Max replied. I looked up at him, eyes widened.

"No! I told her she was going to be fine!" I cried.

"Y/N, we have to go-" Ash said.

"No!" I said. Someone walked in and I glared at them.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Some burglars," Jim replied. "But Jennifer.." The stranger looked down and his eyes widened. "Call an ambulance and 911."

"Got it!" He said, running out of the building. Ash gave Jim the gun and he looked up at Shorter.

"Give Jennifer the knife," he said. Hiding the evidence we were here, smart. I continued to put pressure on Jennifer.

"Y/N, it's no use-" I interrupted Shorter.

"She can't be dead!" I snapped.

"Y/N, we have to go!" He said, grabbing me and dragging me to the truck as I thrashed. I saw Ash grab my knife as Shorter dragged me away.

"Bring her back with us!" I shouted as he pulled me into the truck.

"Y/N, she's already dead!" He yelled as the truck drove away.

"No!" I cried. "I said she would be ok!" I saw Ash jump in.

"What the hell is happening?" He asked.

"Y/N won't accept Jennifer's death," Shorter replied. Ash sighed.

"Y/N, forgive me for this."

"Forgive you for what, Aslan-" I felt my head being hit and I lost consciousness.

I woke up to a bright sky above me and I groaned. I sat up, the wind blowing in my face.

"Hey, you're awake," Eiji said. I rubbed my head.

"Ow..." I groaned.

"You ok?" He asked. I shrugged. I stood up and rested my arms on the top of the car. Shorter tried to reach for a girl and I rolled my eyes.

"Have fun with that, Shorter!" I called. "With your questionable fashion sense, I bet you won't get one!"

"Hey!" He snapped. "I have a great fashion sense!"

"It's questionable!" I leaned over and peaked in Ash's window.

"Holy shit-"

"Is Shorter's fashion sense questionable?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Tell that to him." He leaned his head out the window.

"Shorter, Y/N is right!"

"You're just agreeing with her because you guys are dating!"

"Hey! We've been over that!" I snapped. "It's nothing serious!"

"Based on what I've witnessed, it seems like it is," he said, smirking.

"Fuck you, Shorter!" I yelled. He stuck his tongue out at me.

"You sure it's nothing serious?" He asked, jokingly.

"I'm gonna fucking shoot you!" I threatened.

"Oh, sure you will! Ash, your girlfriend threatened to shoot me!"

"Shut up!"