71.

I just sat there, watching Max and Jessica fight, blanket wrapped around me. "Ash, shoot me," I said.

"Ok, I'll shoot Eiji first then you, got it?" He asked.

"Yeah, please do it quick." I face planted onto the bed.

"Shit, Y/N already died," Vivian said. I nodded.

"Someone end me," I groaned. "End me now!"

The day quickly passed by and we had to deal with those two which sucked. I watched Ash work on his computer and just sat there. "Ash, Y/N." I turned around and saw Eiji. "Want a drink? It's only hot mineral water though."

"Sounds nice," Ash said, smirking.

"Yes, please," I replied. He walked over and handed us the cups. I took a sip and sighed.

"So the enemies are strong this time?" Eiji asked.

"Yeah, former French elite force of mercenaries," he said.

"Woah, former mercenaries," Eiji said in awe.

"Yeah, rely on my anger to kill them," I muttered, drinking the water. "I took out a few of them because they wouldn't let me sleep."

"Should I be inspired to be mad at everyone who won't let me sleep?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"I don't want to kill but they come and kill us," Ash said. "I wish he'd take my place."

"What if you were in his place?" Eiji asked.

"I wouldn't have taken the job. It's not worth it," Ash said and I put down the cup.

"What if you had to?" I asked. He sighed.

"I guess I'd analyze your weak spots first." His eyes widened. "That's it. It's me."

"You're weak?" I asked. "That's a first."

"What? No, hang on!" He said. I watched him run away as I finished my water. I slowly stole his water and sipped it.

"He left it unattended," I told Eiji when I noticed he was staring at me.

"Come on, let's go see what Ash is doing." I put the water down and we followed him. I passed Vivian and she quickly followed behind.

"What's happening?" She asked.

"I don't know, but I think Eiji and I gave Ash an idea," I told her. "And then he ran off." I headed inside and climbed up to the roof and saw Ash. "I found you!" I said. He looked over at me.

"Wait, were you playing hide-n-seek or something?" He asked. I shook my head as Vivian and Eiji got up here. I peeked over the edge and saw some of the former mercenaries.

"How'd you know they'd be over here?"

"Thanks to you and Eiji."

"But now what? They're here." Ash looked at me and headed downstairs. Come back and answer my question, bitch. We followed him downstairs and he had a layout of the hideout.

"The 3rd and 4th Ward groups, you escape through the sewer system," Ash ordered. "We'll stay behind, draw them close, and escape from the North 2nd Ward." I nodded and he looked over at me. "We might need Ferret for this so tell her to be ready."

"She can hear you but got it," I said. You're ready, right? I saw Eiji and Sing about to run before Ash stopped them.

"Of course I am, what makes you think I'm not?"

I didn't say you couldn't. I saw Eiji, Sing, and a few others run away and I looked at Ash. "Ferret's ready."

"Were you talking to her that whole time?" He asked.

"Yeah," I responded. Some of us raced to the North Ward and I stood beside Ash. "They're gonna be shooting from over there, right?"

"Right."

Ferret, you got good aim?

"I don't know, let me see." I smirked as they started shooting. She peeked out and shot at one of them. They collapsed and Ferret hid behind the wall again. "Shit, it's hard to see them."

Yeah, I can see why. "Draw back!" Ash yelled. They sprinted up the stairs and she turned to look at Ash. Someone raced in and Ash shot them.

"Ash!" Ferret yelled. He looked at her and followed her.

"I'm guessing you're Ferret then," he said as we got the roof.

"Yeah, want Y/N back?" She asked. He shrugged.

"If Y/N wants her body back, let her have it."

"Do you want your body back?"

Uh, sure? I looked at Ash and we hid behind a wall. He looked around and ran towards the edge of the building. What the hell?! He crashed into the window at the next building and I followed him. I fell to the ground and shook myself. "Damnit, Aslan," I groaned. He looked at me.

"You're back," he said as he pulled me up.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked.

"You're the only person who calls me Aslan on a daily basis." I nodded and looked around. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up the stairs.

"Are we jumping onto different building?" He looked at me and nodded. We did this for a while. The sun was barely rising as I leaped off the building and grabbed onto the windowsill. I groaned. There was still glass on the bottom and it dug into my hands. Ash looked over and grabbed me. He pulled me and and I fell to the ground. I looked at my hands and tried to pick out the glass. "That hurt like hell," I muttered. He hid behind the wall and I sighed. I was about to get up until I heard a voice.

"Ash Lynx!" My eyes widened. Ash looked out the window and his eyes widened. I crawled over until Ash stopped me. I peeked over the window and my eyes widened. "You get the situation, don't you?"

"What the hell?" I said and he shushed me.

"Surrender, and I'll be lenient towards the hostages," he said.

"He was the one at the bar, right?" I asked. Ash nodded.

"Don't listen to him! He'll kill us all anyway!" Max shouted and one of the men kicked him down. I flinched and looked at Ash.

"It's your choice. Think it over well."

"Ash.." I said and he looked over at me.

"Y/N-"

"Ash, I've lost you too many times," I told him. "I can't lose you again. I can't!" He bent down and hugged me.

"I'll be ok," he told me. "This has happened a lot, and I'm still alive." He pushed me away and looked at me.

"Ash-"

"I don't think they know you're in here, but if they do, you might be coming with."

"Just let me come with you, please!" I begged.

"I need you to protect Eiji-"

"Sing can do it!" I cried. "I don't wanna lose you one day and realize I'll never see you again!" He shook his head.

"Y/N, you know me. I'll be ok," he said. He walked away and my eyes widened.

"Y/N, he said he'd be ok-"

He's gonna get himself killed! I watched as Max and some of the gang got led to a truck. I sat down, hiding behind the wall and didn't know where to go. I walked over to the broken window where the blood from my hands were still there. I looked at the window across that was already broken and jumped through. I gotta find the others.