-CHAPTER 32-

-The next day-

Killua and Alluka were walking down a sidewalk with chocolate drizzled ice creams in their hands, admiring the stores and nature around them. Killua wasn't really a fan of the outside considering he was famous and people would be crowding him all the time, but as long as his sister was happy he was fine.

As they talked for a while, finishing their ice cream along the way. Alluka's eyes shifted to her older brother for just a minute before they quickly darted somewhere else. It was obvious she wanted to ask something but she knew that it might not be the time since it was just supposed to be her and killua hanging out.

Killua let out a sigh and placed his hand on top of Alluka's head, Earning back her Attention quickly. 

"What is it now?" The albino asked nonchalantly, waiting for Alluka to reply back.

She Stayed quite for a moment and tried to hold back a wide smile. "Well I was just thinking about you and Gon. You guys are so cute together! Gon Freecss and Killua Zoldyck!?! Dating!? That would be the talk of the world!"
Alluka didn't try to hide the enthusiasm in her voice at all. But she did keep her tone to where only Killua and herself could hear what they were talking about.

Killua immediately regretted asking as he held back his embarrassment. He just shrugged his shoulders and placed his hands in his jeans. "Yeah yeah whatever. Can we just hurry up and do stuff without having him in our conversations?"

The albino's words made his sister huff in irritation as she crossed her arms and pouted. Of course she wanted to be the third wheel in the relationship her brother had going on.

"How about we go live on my phone? Wouldn't you rather talk about fans instead of...Gon?" Killua says as he takes out his phone from his back pocket and holds it up. Alluka quickly changes her mood and takes the phone from her brothers hands excitedly.

Gon was in another meeting and everyone could definitely tell how tired he was. He would doze off every few seconds and when he got caught for doing it he would force his eyes open and try not to fall back to sleep. A guy named Knuckles sat beside him and elbowed his arm a little to get his attention.

Immediately Gon's eyes opened widely and he looked at knuckles with a serious but still tired look. Knuckles sighed and crossed his arms. "Weren't you supposed to be off work?" He said in confusion. Gon rubbed underneath his eyes and blinked a couple of times to get used to the light in the room he was in.

"Yeah but I needed to get this whole situation fixed out."

Without another word Knuckles just shook his head and went back to listening in on the meeting. Gon did the same, but gripped his arm a little to keep himself awake. He knew exactly what he was going to do when killua and him went to public to speak upon what's going on.

Gon knew if he told killua about what he was going to do, he knew he would completely disagree. But it was the only way to get over all of these rumors and things getting posted on the internet about them. Maybe Killua was right about one thing, Once they both confessed they were dating it'll be a big thing for a while then not that important later.

But Gon just hoped that 'while' didn't last for a bit to long.

A couple of more hours passed by with everyone discussing the pictures and trying to believe Gon's words of saying they weren't real. Even though the pictures said a whole different story.

Once everyone got out what they wanted to say and how they felt about all of this, Everyone finally said their goodbyes and departed from the medium sized conference room.

Gon's POV

After I followed behind everyone to leave, I began heading towards the exit of the building to the employee parking lot.

In my mind it was a battle between whether or not I should lie or tell the truth. The truth would be to just admit that me and Killua were dating. And the lie would be to keep the relationship a secret. I wanted to talk to killua about what was going on in my head. But I didn't want to make him more stressed out then he already was.

So I would lie to everyone about him so he wouldn't get hurt again. Or get stressed. But if I said the truth maybe there would be hope that the rumors would die down and not be that big of a talk later.

My thoughts were soon cut short as I felt my body tense up from the feeling of someone tapping my shoulder in attempt to get my attention.

"Hey man! You looked like you were off in another world. You good?" Knuckles asks as he quits tapping my shoulder and looks at me with concern and hidden curiosity held on his facial expression.

I sighed underneath my breath, completely irritated by the fact I was stopped mid way in my thoughts. "Just stressed because of the damn rumors. That's all." The simple reply made him hum in understanding.

We both walked to our cars in silence and once we made it to them, we just waved each other goodbye.

After a few minutes of driving, I grabbed my keys for the back door of my house and headed inside. The temperature was warm as always and everything was still in their rightful place. If only I could come back to this house being greeted with a hug or just a welcome back.

Seeing killua right now would really put some of this stress away. We've might not have been together for that long but getting a hug from him would really make my mood a little better at this point. What was killua doing? Was he alright? He's probably having fun with his sister actually.

The thought made me smile as I sat down on my couch and placed my chin in my palm. My eyes slowly started to get heavy and the next thing I knew I ended up falling asleep.

Hopefully The research could wait a while.

•With The Cops•

It was silent and tense in the interaction room and the silence only made it more intense. The detective was seated in front of the cold blooded man who stabbed killua in his side. And when the guy didn't speak up The detective angrily slammed the table with his fists and stood up, leaning in on the man threatening.

"What made you do it? What made you fucking attack the Killua Zoldyck?"

The man only chuckled underneath his breath and kept his head facing down. He was a maniac and it was completely obvious to everyone who saw him. But the detective wasn't going to let him get away with doing something so stupid. He needed to figure why or who made him do it.

"Oh? So your just gonna laugh like the crazy bastard you are. Well you won't be laughing when you'll be facing death in it's face, now will you?" The detective said as he started smirking, not holding back the threats he was giving.

The guy stayed silent for a while then finally looked up. Shocking the detective just a little.

"Hmm...Oh..and you won't be smirking anymore when your beautiful wife and daughters blood is covered all over my hands, now will you? Detective Robert."

His hysterical laughs filled the small  Interrogation room and the Detective was left in shock and anger. The people who were watching behind the glass of the room just stared at each other for a second then fixated there gaze back at the man who had now stopped laughing and was just smiling widely.

"You leave my wife and daughter out of this you asshole." The Detective pointed at the guy, glaring deadly one more time and then stepping out of the Interrogation room, slamming the door angrily behind him.