𝗩|𝗡𝗜𝗖𝗢𝗟𝗘

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗿We were currently trying to talk the unsub, Bob Adams, out of killing more people

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗿
We were currently trying to talk the unsub, Bob Adams, out of killing more people. One of the other students took his story, the one that would've proven he was a hero.

"And nobody got to find out that Bob Adams was a good kid, a brave kid. The kind of kid you'd want to hang out with." I talk with a smooth and calm, almost motherly tone.

"We can give you back your story, Bob, but you have to drop the gun." My dad finishes my sentence. "Isn't it funny when your dream comes true, it's never the way you want?" Bob cries out in a whisper.

"Bob" I reply. "Drop the gun," My dad says at the same time. He shoves the girl he was holding before turning to run, us following closely behind.

"I got him" Morgan breathes into his mic attached to his vest. "He's gone guys, it's over" He finishes. I hunch over with my hands on my knees.

A large hand is placed on my lower back causing me to turn my head. Spencer smiles down at me, his smile saying that it's going to be okay.

"Thank you" I say in a low voice. He purses his lips before walking away, presumably to find my Dad and Morgan.

"So what exactly do you draw in there?" Spencer asks, motioning to the book resting in my lap. "Well come over here and look." I smile, patting the seat next to me.

He smiles back, his eyes shining in the sunlight of the evening. I quickly turn the page to my recently finished work, keeping him from seeing my current drawing of him.

"This one I just finished." I smile down at the off-white paper.

[From Pinterest I forgot the account]

"That's really good Harper" Spencer smiles down at me. "Her name was Nicole" Tears flood my vision. "We were uh, dating Junior year, the girls I told you about, one day they found us while we were walking home from school. We were holding hands and laughing, normal stuff you know." Spencer reaches to wipe tears off my face before they fall onto the paper.

"They uh jumped us, beat Nicole up worse than me. She was in a coma for two months before waking up. Her parents moved the family to California when she woke up. I haven't seen her since" I try to steady my breathing to prevent myself from waking the others.

Spencer takes the book from my hands, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me to his chest. I let out quiet sobs into his shirt, gripping onto it as my life depends on it.

"I'm here Harper, it's okay. You're gonna be okay" He whispers into my hair. His words calm me instantly, him leaning back as I cuddle closer to him.

His scent fills my nose, the smell of coffee and mint. It's comforting, reminds me of when I used to have panic attacks and my father would hold me until I fell back asleep.

I felt the same feelings when I was in Spencer's arms. Almost the same feelings. Something felt different with him than with my father.

With Spencer, it felt like I never want to leave. Like I could stay in his arms forever. I think I could live with that, and be perfectly content.

Hehe they're cute or whatever
Word Count: 571