𝗫𝗫𝗫𝗜𝗜|𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗣𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗧

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗿

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗿

"I'm going out for the day." Maya brushes past me. "But you were supposed to watch Bethany while I paint." I try to stop her but she waves me away and slams the door causing Bethany to cry,

"Shh, It's okay baby." I soothe kissing the top of her head. I pick up my phone and dial Spencer's number. "Reid here." He answers, "Hey Spence, it's me." I sigh.

"Harper, what's wrong you sound stressed?" He questions. "Well Maya just walked out and she was supposed to watch Bethany while I paint because I need more paintings for the gallery." I groan in frustration.

"Okay first take a deep breath and calm down, I'll be there in ten minutes." He replies. "Thank you so much, Spencer." I smile even though he can't see me. "Bye love you." He hangs up causing me to drop my phone.

"Shit," I mumble to myself. "Tummy time?" I look to Bethany, she babbles in response. "Okay tummy time it is," I reply.

"Thank you again, Spencer, you're a lifesaver." I smile as he sets his bag on the couch. "That is in my job description." He jokes. I roll my eyes playfully. "So I'll just be at the window, I like to paint while looking outside," I say before sitting down at my easel.

"Sounds good." He bends down to pick Bethany up. "I got you a present!" Spencer smiles at his daughter. He reaches into his bag and pulls out an elephant stuffed animal.

"This is an African elephant, scientifically known as Loxodonta africana" He smiles as she reaches for the animal.

I grin before turning to the blank canvas. I dip my brush into the tan paint and begin without thinking about it.

"African elephants are a keystone species, meaning they play a critical role in their ecosystem. Also known as "ecosystem engineers," elephants shape their habitat in many ways." Spencer rambles to Bethany.

I smile before continuing the painting. I had no plan, just simply let the brush go where it wants.

I stand back to look at the finished painting in awe.

[Monika Luniak]

[Monika Luniak]

"It's beautiful Harper." Spencer compliments as he gently bounces Bethany on his shoulder. "Thanks, Spence, I uh think it's us." I scratch the back of my neck nervously.

"I love it." He kisses my temple gently. I lean into his body comfortably. "She's turning eight months in two days." I smile at her sleeping figure.

"I wonder what her first word is going to be." He chuckles. "I bet it's going to be 'dada'" I tease.

"No, I think it's going to be 'mama'"

I love my family😌
Word Count: 446