𝗫𝗫𝗫𝗜|𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗘

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗿"Harper, a woman over there wants to buy one of your paintings

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗿
"Harper, a woman over there wants to buy one of your paintings." Maya points to a familiar figure. "Thanks, Maya." I smile as I adjust Bethany on my hip.

"Do you want me to hold her?" She reaches her arms out. "No, it's okay," I assure her. "Are you sure?" She presses. "Maya. She's my daughter." I snap. This entire day she has been trying to get me away from Bethany. Something you never do to a mother.

I walk over to the familiar brunette as she gazed at my painting.

[Monika Luniak]

"Beth" I sigh with a smile. "My beautiful Harper." She gives me a side hug and a kiss on the cheek. "And the cutie Bethany." She coos. "Do you want to hold her?" I ask.

"Of course." Beth gasps as Bethany giggles. "You are so precious." Beth gushes at the blonde-haired girl. "So you want to buy this painting," I state. "It would look beautiful in the living room, I called Aaron and he says I should get it." She smiles at Bethany as she bounces on her hip.

"I can give you a family discount." I offer. "Oh no need Harper, I'm supporting her college fund." She jokes before pulling out her checkbook.

"Thank you so much, Beth, really." I smile before walking to the desk. "Hey, Joanne, can you write up the paperwork for my painting on the wall over there." I smile at the old woman.

"Of course Miss.Vincent." She pulls her glasses onto her face to read the check. "Joanne, I told you to call me Harper." I tease. "It is out of respect, you have a wonderful talent, Miss.Vincent." She peeks up to me from behind her thick glasses.

She gives me the paperwork and pen so that Beth can sign the paperwork. "Please don't take my sunshine away." She finishes singing. "My mom used to sing me that song." I smile at the memory.

"Bethany seems to like it." She laughs before signing her name. "Well, I've got a busy day tomorrow, need to paint some more." I groan as I hold Bethany close to me.

"And Bethany wants a nap, she told me so." She whispers, ending with a wink. "Did you tell her that?" I ask Bethany in my mommy voice.

She smiles and giggles on my shoulder. "Okay, I'll lay you down in my office." I kiss the top of her head before waving Beth goodbye.

I sigh heavily as I throw my keys onto the table next to the front door. "I'm going to put Bethany down for another nap," I whisper to Maya behind me.

I kiss her forehead before looking down at her for a few minutes. She looks so much like Spencer, minus my blonde hair. She has his golden honey eyes and perfect nose.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Maya asks. "Sure" I purse my lips.

Halfway into the movie, Maya scoots closer to me. I try my best to ignore the glances and her hand on my knee.

It wasn't until she turned my face by my chin and leaned in that I protest. "Maya, I'm sorry but I'm in love with Spencer." I gently push her away.

Her face falls before she abruptly stands up and walks to her room, slamming the door. The loud noise causes Bethany to wake up crying.

I sigh before walking to her crib and picking her up.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know dear how much I love you, please don't take my sunshine away."

Maya do be catching feelings
Word Count: 614