𝗫𝗫𝗫𝗜𝗩|𝗦𝗘𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗗 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗦𝗧

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗿

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗿

"Hey Beth, come in," I say with excitement. The brunette woman enters my apartment and smiles at Bethany. "She so big." She clasps her hands together and rests her head on them.

"I know." I groan as I lift her up. "Spencer is making sure that she is going to be the smartest toddler." I chuckle lightly. "Come here, pretty girl." Beth reaches for Bethany with a smile.

Bethany makes happy noises as Beth smiles and coos at her. "Ab ab ba ab" Bethany babbles. "She's trying to say your name." I gasp. "That's me I'm Beth." She smiles.

Knock knock

"I'll get it" I cheer before opening the door. "Spence?" I raise my eyebrows. "Can we talk?" He shifts his weight from one leg to another. I turn to look at Bethany and Beth as they play together before closing the door.

"So." I purse my lips, looking down. "Would you uh, want to go on a date- with me- tonight?" He stumbles on his words. "Really?" I gasp with wide eyes.

"I mean it- it would be really nice." He stutters. I giggle before wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him gently. He smiles against my lips as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"Mm, I have to get to Beth and Bethany, pick me up at six?" I bite my lip. "Yes, wear a dress." He gives me a quick peck before walking down the hallway towards the elevator.

I smile to myself before quickly opening my door and letting out a squeal.

"The last time I heard that was when Spencer finally asked you on a date." Beth jokes. I blush a few red while looking at the ground. "Oh my gosh! Really?" She gasps, setting Bethany down gently.

She runs to me and hugs me. "What are you gonna wear?" She smirks. "A dress."

"I don't know when I'll be back." I sigh. "Go have fun on your date Harper." Beth insists. "I should pay you," I beg. "No. Harper, I'm family." She replies. "That's right I forgot you and dad got court married after I died" I joke.

"That's right." She nods.

Knock knock

"He's here." I smile. "Have fun, I want more grandbabies." She winks. "Mom!" I gasp as the word leaves my mouth. "Did you just-" her eyes widen. "I did." I cover my mouth. "Oh, Harper." She sniffles before hugging me. "Go, Spencer is waiting." She pushes me towards the door. "Okay just remember call me if anything happens."

I open the door to see Spencer smiling. "I'm ready."

"So how was it in Italy?" Spencer asks as we are seated at a table. "It was nice, lonely. Plus I was pregnant most of the time I was there." I chuckle. "Where in Italy did you live?" He questions. "Venice," I state.

"Cool, Venice is recognized as part of the artistic and architectural patrimony of all humanity, a fitting role for a city whose thousand-year economic and political independence was sustained by its role in global trading." Spencer rambles.

"It was beautiful." I smile. "Perfect for a beautiful woman." He mumbles causing me to blush. "Tell me some more facts about my home away from home."

"Since the end of the 18th century, tourism has been at the heart of the Venetian economy. Luxury establishments such as the Danieli Hotel and the celebrated Caffè Florian were developed in the 19th century for wealthy foreigners." He informs.

"So so many tourists it was crazy." I chuckle. "One time I was out buying baby clothes and this woman comes up and starts spewing facts about what could possibly go wrong in childbirth," I explain.

"Sounds very familiar." Spencer jokes.

"I have had a really good time tonight Spencer." I smile at our entwined hands. After we finished dinner Spencer took us for a walk in the park. Being with him makes everything okay.

"Do you smell that?" He smiles. I sniff the air for a few seconds before the familiar scent of rain comes. "My favorite." I sigh happily. "Remember our first date?" He asks.

"Of course, we danced in the rain."

The sound of thunder soon becomes our music as his arms wrap around my waist and mine around his neck. "When you were gone, I would sit out in the rain and think of you." He mumbles into my hair. "That's strange considering I did the same thing in Italy." I chuckle lightly.

"I still love you."

I can't they're too cute.
Word Count: 761