𝗫𝗜𝗫|𝗙𝗔𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗬

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗿"5 days ago the Yamada family went missing from their home in Kansas City, Kansas

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗿
"5 days ago the Yamada family went missing from their home in Kansas City, Kansas. Last night a road crew found 3 members of the family. John, Trisha, and their 16-year-old daughter Kristen, all dead, all shot to death and left at the side of a highway." Garcia announces.

I look at the photos of the family as the voices of my parents flood my ears.

"Please no!"

"Bethany!"

"Harry!"

"Please don't hurt our daughter!"

"Harper, wheels up" my dad pulls me out of my daze. "Y-yeah" I stutter out closing the case file. "Is everything okay?" He asks. I smile slightly to myself as I remember my mother.

"My mother's name was Bethany, she looked like Beth too." Happy tears stream down my face as my dad brings me into a hug. "That was completely unintentional" he chuckles lightly as he rubs my hair.

"Dad."

"Yeah."

"Spencer and I are dating."

My dad pulls away from the hug and briskly walks towards the bullpen. I see Spencer's eyes widen as my father walks towards him.

Everyone, including the newest member of our team Alex Blake, stares at my father in shock as he pulls Spencer in for a hug.

"Finally you two admit it" my dad chuckles.

"There were cameras everywhere" Alex states to my dad and Rossi. "Mainly in the lighting wells and vents," I add. "They did renovations, so it could have been a contractor," Rossi suggests.

He reaches into his coat pocket to grasp his ringing phone. "You're on speaker Penelope," Rossi answers the call. "Your theory is confirmed." She announces.

"The Yamada's remodeled their house in 2009, The Acklin's in 2010." An idea makes itself known in my brain. "Same general contractor?" I propose Garcia's fingers tap along her keyboard.

"Negative smart girl, two different generals, some of the same subs. Hockney Drywall, A.R Electrical, Milman and Son's flooring-"

"A.R Electrical, one of the contractors who found Scott Yamada's body at the construction site, was Arthur Rykov," Rossi exclaims motioning to the sticky note on the evidence board.

"We need an address Garcia" my dad orders as we walk out of the precinct.

"Arthur Rykov, 46, never married, lives alone on a 10-acre ranch. He had a brush with the law when he was 16, and that's where we know most of our info on him." Garcia lists.

"What happened when he was 16?" I ponder. "He was questioned by police regarding an assault on a teacher at his school." She states as her fingers type away.

"After his mother died, he was raised by his strict Russian orthodox father, who saw his son as an obstacle to his religious devotion." Her voice drops in sadness.

"Rykov says he fell in love with the perfect family across the street. He watched them for years, imagined he was one of them." She pauses before continuing.

"Until the day he saw the teacher kissing the father in her car." She allows us to make conclusions. "So Rykov attacked the teacher" JJ explains. "He denied it. Police never found any conclusive evidence, so" she sighs.

"So a 16-year-old boy takes revenge on a teacher for ruining his perfect family," Rossi exclaims. "So he's been looking for another one to replace them all this time?" Spencer furrows his brows in confusion.

"No family is perfect if you look long enough"

The sound of a gunshot causes half of us to run down to the basement. "She shot herself!" Her husband shouts. I move towards the young girl, wrapping my arms around her as she cries out for her mom.

"There's no blood, guys no blood," Morgan announces. "Mom!" She cries as I release her to crouch next to her mother.

I watch as the family is reunited with a smile. "How are you holding up?" Spencer asks wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "I'm decent." I lean into his chest. "You saved four lives today." He kisses the top of my head.

"The team did."

I groan as I stare at the files on my desk. "I hate paperwork." Emily sighs. "Amen." JJ chuckles. I notice an envelope buried between two files, confusion taking over my features as I gently rip it open.

My dearest Harper,
I'm back. And I know where you are. Tell me does your father keep you safe at night?

I shake my head, shoving the note into my locked cabinet. Probably just a prank.

Hehe, I smell trauma.
Word Count: 756