𝗫𝗩𝗜|𝗛𝗜𝗧

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗿"Okay, okay, the TV movie is in Hall H at 9:00

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗿
"Okay, okay, the TV movie is in Hall H at 9:00. Can we go to that?" Garcia asks. She, Spencer, and I decided to go to a convention on our Saturday off.

"Absolutely. Do you think we can make it to the Captains of the Enterprise panel at 11:00?" Spencer wonders. "Obvs. Thanks for coming with me guys" she smiles at us.

"Anything for you Penelope" I grin.  "Of course. I've been knitting this scarf for weeks." Spencer chuckles lightly. I still haven't forgotten the dream I had. Or his lips on mine.

"Penelope"

"Kevin. Hi. You came. And you brought a friend. CSU technician Sharp, how are you?" Garcia mutters out obviously flustered.

"Fine. You?" The woman smiles slightly. "I am also fine. Okay, well, see ya." Garcia rambles causing both Spencer and me to furrow our eyebrows.

"You're not gonna go in?" Kevin questions. "No. Actually, we just went in and it's super lame, so we're leaving." She tugs of both Spencer and I's arms to lead us away before Kevin could speak.

"That was awkward." Spencer states. "Oh, my God. We used to come every year. I can't believe he brought someone else." She groans.

"Well, you brought two other people." I attempt to calm the situation. "Yeah, but  I couldn't possibly be sexually attracted to Spencer." She gestures to the best-looking man I have ever seen.

"You're welcome?" Spencer replies confused. "Whoa, Rossi!" I smile at my dad's only friend, I'm kidding. "Why doesn't this surprise me?" He sounds disappointed.

"Are you here for the convention?" Spencer asks hopefully. "Who schedules a cigar aficionado event back to back with this?" He gestures to Penelope and Spencer.

I decided to dress normally considering I didn't really know what I was doing. " I know, right? It's the greatest party ever." Spencer smiles.

"Well, it was gonna be." He mumbles. "Unless it involves Gentleman Jack and pre-embargo Cuban cigars. I find that statement to be highly dubious." Rossi explains.

"Kevin brought another woman. I'm plotting revenge. Do you want to help?" Penelope asks hopefully.  "No. Now, you know I love you three, but this is Saturday and it is my day off, so I'd prefer to love you from afar. So, have fun. It's my bedtime." He smirks slightly as his car pulls up.

"It's 9:00 a.m." Spencer teases. "You're judging me?" Rossi chuckles as he enters his car. "Someone's grumpy" I sing-song as we walk away.

I opened the SUV door and ran to my dad. "You're okay" I murmur into his chest. "Why wouldn't I be" he holds onto me. "Because there are at least two psychopaths inside that bank with guns" I ramble out of breath.

I watched as JJ stood close to Will as possible for the professional setting. "I only saw the King and the Jack, But I figure the Queen's inside too," Will explains with a barely audible voice.

"The media is calling them the face cards. 7 bank robberies in 7 months. They've killed one person at each robbery." My dad explains as we all walk towards the protected trailer.

"M.O?" Rossi asks.

"Single gunshot wound. Each of the victims has bled out." My dad continues to explain. "Serial killers with a 30-day cooling-off period and were only just hearing about this now?" I state.

"Well headquarters has always characterized them as robbers first and killers second." My dad reports. "No one kills seven people without serious psychopathic tendencies." Spencer states.

"I disagreed with the original assessment. I was overruled." My dad announces. "So why are we here now?" Rossi questions.

"Because crisis negotiation is overseas." My dad answers. "What more do we know about them?" JJ asks with worry. "They're organized, they're efficient. Each strike lasts about 2 minutes." My dad explains and continues walking.

"They have to be scouting the banks in advance" I exclaim. "Why haven't we been able to ID them off of surveillance footage?" Morgan asks.

"They hack the feed and turn off the cameras both during and the initial canvas and the robbery" my dad explains. "Then the masks come back on and were allowed to watch" I conclude.

I watch as Will begins to walk towards the bank, knowing that once JJ notices she will try to run for him. "Morgan, be ready to hold her back" I mumble.

His eyes dart up to Will before going to JJ who is just now noticing the father of her child walk towards death. "What is he doing?" She gasps.

"No no- Morgan" she argues as he holds her back. "Let me go please!" she begs. "I can't do that" he replies. "Will! Will!" She screams as he walks closer to the bank.

Once Will is out of sight, Emily and I try our best to console JJ. Hostages start to exit the bank, a mother and two children first.

Suddenly two shots are heard from inside the bank. Tears brim my eyes at the sound. Will didn't have a gun. JJ tried to run towards the building, Morgan, Emily, and I hold her back.

In the trailer, everyone is silent with nerves. "Did you see where he was shot?" JJ's voice is frail. Garcia looks at her with tears threatening to spill.

"Is he alive or dead Garcia?" Her tone is more stern this time. "I don't know" Garcia replies. "He was wearing a vest" Emily states.

"He might be okay" I add.

"Might be" she chuckles sadly.

"Let's go in" my dad instructs.

We all rush out of the trailer, securing out vests and guns. We stand by as SWAT covers us. "I see movement" one of the SWAT officers announces through the earpiece.

"It's hostages" another one replies as people come out with their hands up. "We're going in" Morgan declares into his mic.

I hold my gun steady in front of me as I walk briskly towards the front of the building. I hear a loud voice shout in my ear, almost as if it's saying abort. Oh no.

Before I could register what was really happening I was blown back by immense heat.

Black.

Haha. That's it. She dead. JKJKJKJKJKJK!
Word Count: 1044