𝗫𝗫𝗫𝗩𝗜|𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗚

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗿I open my front door after a long day of talking to people about my art

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗿
I open my front door after a long day of talking to people about my art. The silence is what starts my worrying. I didn't have anyone else to watch Bethany today so I had to leave her home with Maya.

I open my bedroom door, praying she was in there. She wasn't. I search the whole apartment and no sign of Maya or Bethany. Maya knew that the rule was to call me if she took Bethany anywhere.

My breathing starts to pick up as I try to dial Spencer's number. "Harper, what's wrong? Are you having a panic attack?" His words are rushed. "Bethany is gone." I gasp for air.

"Gone? What do you mean gone?" He asks. "Missing. I can't find her or Maya." I sob. "I'll be right there, I'm calling Hotch." He replies before hanging up.

I search her crib for the elephant stuffed animal, holding it close once I found it. "Where are you?" I cry. "Harper?" Spencer calls out.

"In here," I reply. He rushes to find me and wraps his arms around me. "The rest of the team is on their way." He mumbles into my hair. "I can't lose her." I sob.

"We won't."

"You left her with Maya?" Emily asks. "Yes, she won't answer her phone." I sniffle, wiping my tears with a tissue. "How long have you known her?" JJ asks. "Since my first day in Italy," I reply.

"Do you know her full name?" JJ asks. "Yeah, Maya Louise Richards," I answer. "We'll have Garcia-" "What the hell?"

Our heads turn to see Maya holding my sleeping baby on her chest. I run to her position and gently rip my daughter from her arms, holding her close to my body and kissing her head.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I ask. "I just took her for a walk!" She defends. "Get out." I snap. "Excuse me?" She scoffs. "Get out of my house Maya. This. This is unforgivable." I shake my head before walking into my room.

"Harper?" Spencer pokes his head in. "Come in." A smile threatens on my lips. "How is she?" He asks. "Good, no harm is done physically." I sigh.

"How are you?" He asks putting an arm around my shoulders. "Not good, she was my best friend." I sniffle. "Sometimes these things happen, we can't control it." He replies.

"I know."

I'm sorry that some chapters are short :(
Word Count: 410