𝗫𝗫𝗩𝗜𝗜𝗜|𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗿"Are you sure you want me to come with you?" Maya asks nervously

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗿
"Are you sure you want me to come with you?" Maya asks nervously. "Of course Maya, you are my best friend, and Bethany loves you, so she wouldn't want to be away from you." I smile down at Bethany on my hip.

"Okay." Maya smiles before going into her room to change. "Do you want to wear a pretty dress?" Bethany makes a few happy noises as I hold up a few options for her.

She decides that she wants a red dress to match mine. "You look so pretty, baby!" I smile at us in the mirror. She claps her hands while babbling.

"I'm ready, are you?" Maya asks. "Yeah, let's go." I fix my loose curls in the mirror before grabbing Bethany's diaper bag.

"Hey, guys." I smile at the group. "Gosh, it's weird." JJ smiles as she hugs me. "Yeah, but in the best way," Emily replies. "I sure hope so." I tease. "Can I hold her?" Beth asks.

"Of course, she was partly named after you." I smile as I hand over Bethany. "She is the cutest baby ever." Beth gushes. "I know!" I grin.

"She gets that from her parents." Beth jokes. "Shh." I giggle a little. "Hey, Harper." Spencer gently pokes my shoulder. "Spence-r" I smile before giving him Bethany.

"She is precious." He grins down at her. "I know." I lean down to kiss her forehead.

We all sat down at the large table, me prepared to be bombarded by questions. I noticed all of them trying not to spill all of their questions.

"You guys can ask questions you know." I chuckle before retaking a bite of my salad. "Finally I've been dying over here." Penelope groans.

"Fire away Penelope." I smile.

"Okay so, you know I hate to bring up the elephant in the room but-" she gestures to Maya beside me, the entire night she has been quiet.

"Everyone this is Maya, my roommate." She waves nervously. "We met in Italy the day I arrived." I further explain. "Tell us about yourself," JJ says.

"Okay," Maya looks at me nervously to which I rub her hand. "Well, I was born and raised in Texas. I work as Harper's assistant aka nanny." She jokes.

We continue the dinner by talking and laughing at Maya and I's stories from Italy.

"You know the day Bethany was born I found pictures of all of you to make sure she would always recognize you guys, especially her dad." I smile at Spencer.

"It is so good to have you back." Penelope hugs me tight. "Well, I'm not going back to the FBI," I announce causing everyone to look at me.

"It's simply too much for me, with my anxiety getting worse and Bethany, I just can't risk it." I bounce her on my hip lightly.

"We completely understand Harper." My dad kisses the top of my head. "Well guys, It's past Bethany's bedtime, and I have work tomorrow so we have to get going." I frown dramatically.

"Okay, we'll see you sometime this week." Emily smiles. "Of course," I reply.

"Wait, Harper." Spencer stops me from getting in my car. "What's up?" I ask. "Could I uh come over tomorrow? We have a lot to talk about, just us." He scratches the back of his neck.

"Of course Spencer."

Yeah 'talk' okay Spencer
Word Count: 564