Chapter 6

// Faith's POV //

**Next Morning**

As I slowly open my eyes, I realize that I'm in the guest room. I guess I fell asleep last night and someone carried me up.

As I sit-up in my bed, I see my guitar case leaning against the wall. I walk over and grab my guitar from the case and sit back down on the bed. I begin thinking about my conversation with Jaden. I can't believe I told him all of that. No one knows about my past and I didn't even finish 'Listen Before I Go'.

As I'm sitting there, my fingers start subconsciously playing the melody to the song.  I haven't sang or played this song in awhile. I start to sing the lyrics I wrote 2 years ago.

//Jaden's POV//

I woke up to an empty room. Thinking nothing of it, I went to go check on Faith and see if she's awake yet.

As I walk towards her room, I see all the guys standing outside her door whispering to each other.

"Uh guys?  What are you doing?  You're being creepy." I tell them. They all look at me and give me a look telling me to stop talking.

Once I stand there for a few second questioning why I'm living with these children, I hear it: Faith's singing. I immediately push through the guys and put my ear on the door.

I hear her guitar and then I hear her...

Take me to the rooftop
I wanna see the world when I stop breathing, turnin' blue (blue)
Tell me love is endless, don't be so pretentious
Leave me like you do (like you do)
If you need me, wanna see me
Better hurry 'cause I'm leavin' soon
Sorry can't save me now
Sorry I don't know how
Sorry there's no way out (sorry)
But down
Mm, down
Taste me, the salty tears on my cheek
That's what a year long headache does to you
I'm not okay, I feel so scattered
Don't say I'm all that matters
Leave me, deja vu (mm)
If you need me, wanna see me
You better hurry, I'm leavin' soon
Sorry can't save me now (sorry)
Sorry I don't know how (sorry)
Sorry there's no way out (sorry)
But down
Mm, down
Call my friends and tell them that I love them
And I'll miss them
But I'm not sorry
Call my friends and tell them that I love them
And I'll miss them
Sorry

Once she finishes, we hear her sigh and say, in a sad tone, "Finally finished two years later."

I hear her put the guitar down and a door close.  She must've went into her bathroom.  I look up at the boys and they're all staring at me. "What now?" I ask.

"Dude, you're crying." Griffin informs me.

I lift my hand up to wipe my eyes. Holy shit, I am crying.

"Whatever.  Let's go before she comes out of the room and sees us." I tell them with an annoyed tone.

They all just look at me, I sigh in frustration, walk past them and head downstairs. I can hear them following me. This conversation is going to suck. 

I was right. The minute the I sat down in the kitchen, I was attacked with questions. 

Mainly 'Why were you crying?', but Josh made it very clear that he thinks I like her.