Dining: Shiromi

Do you like to see someone reminiscing about times before your great-great grandparents?
No? Then I'll do it anyway.

I remember my siblings & I being shamed for not wanting to stay indoors & wanting to work. The prince tried to protect us by saying these experiences would aid us in the future. Unfortunately, the upper-class public disagreed with this sentiment.

We would always "sneak" out & watch, sometimes emulate, other beings work. The royal staff were ordered to not intervene nor publictise it. I have many fond memories of going into the kitchen & watching how all the cooks cooperated to make food for us. I distinctly remember being allowed to get the ingredients & being guided on how to cook whenever the kitchen was not busy. Fun times.

I also remember having a corset-like undergarment I made myself after observing other beings sew. Not many understood why would I make one considering it slimmed by silhouette, but did not make a huge deal out of it. Afterall, why bother a fire-breathing dragoness?

The undergarment was quite nice to use. There's actually a duplicate of it displayed in one of the history museums in Unova. It's a cute piece of Unovan fashion history I found myself involved in. 

Shame that during the 20th century, undergarments like that were phased out due to a combination of misinformation & being out-of-fashion. Really doesn't help most modern corsets are ill-fitted to the wearer most of the time due to not being custom-made.

Public image.... It was wack as hell. Ancient Unova society is ahead of its time in many ways as it was in its time. A good chunk of punishments for crime is death or torture. You present yourself as whatever you want, but you must follow the standards for that presentation. Which is only feasible if you're wealthy. Woooo.....

Many beings, particularly young adults and teenagers, really liked me. So much so they were not afraid to make fools of themselves in public. It was very uncomfortable, especially if they were on the older side. Kuroko & Kuromi offered to be with me to reduce the amount of times this would happen but did not eradicate the possibility.

Whenever we had to go do public speeches, I had to change the pitch of my voice to a higher one and had to learn how to change the tone of my voice. It. Was. Absolute. Hell. I made sure damn well I drank a shit ton of water.

The tuning part was easy; just ask Meloetta. The tonal part was not. Took a lot of practice to make myself sound not as "harsh" & more "gentle". Why? I guess the my family thought my normal voice would not go well with the boogies.

They were right. It didn't. It did boost our popularity for the working class though.

Zekrom also did have to do a vocal change. They had to make themselves sound more "commanding" & "harsh". They'd ended up sounding like how Black does whenever they yell in Corentan or modern Unova & similar sounding languages.

I'm still not used to hearing Kuro, Kuromi or Kuroko in their "public" voice at all and never will be. Normally, I associate a soft, semi-high, somewhat androgynous voice with Kuroko. He can sound commanding but he sounds less "harsh".

I recall the first time Kyūrei and I fused. Whitney was hella confused on what was going on. I believe she was like that for an entire week until Kuromi and Kyūrei fused. Then it was Korrina's turn to be in confusion. Sister like sister, I guess.

Those two used to be really different from to each other. Korrina was more sweet and significantly more tactful & shy while Whitney was much more outgoing. I have no idea how did they became so bitter & hardened, but then I remembered the amount of bullshit they had to go through for nearly 2,500 years.

I'm not really sure how did we become friends with each other. Black used to be more aggressive & rather unfriendly in their early years, yet for some reason, Korrina was the opposite. I guess I found her endearing at the time in some way. Nowadays, we're just comrades for technical stuff like making explosive launchers.

Really don't have much to say. Still got to edit some videos. I'd really appreciate if you guys look at something else.