Part 22

-Mistakes everywhere, not edited-

A month passed, everything went smoothly for Tee and his mates at the school. Tee limited his friends circle, just Luk, Xen and Gio. He is excellent in his course that his teacher likes him the most in the class.

Xen and Gio are in relationship but they should stay in secret, it is against the rule to have any affair within the school ground. Tee and Luk need to bear the tortures when Gio act so spoilt with Xen.

When they are ready to go to sleep, they heard the drums hit loudly. It is the sign of important matters or emergency come up, all of them need to be at the assembly ground.

They reach what they can wear and run to the ground, it will be bad to be late when there is emergency like this.

The murmurs keep going around, everyone is curious with the sudden meeting. The principal walk to the stage with a letter in his hand.

"Scholars, tomorrow will be the day the royal will visit the school and at the same time congratulate 10 persons on top rank in this school. Make sure all of you can attend it because the king wants to meet all of you"

More explanations given by another teacher. Tee heard nothing from it because he is in danger, he will be exposed if the king see him, he is on rank seven. He can't run away from this.

While everyone is excited, Tee can't stop thinking how he can keep living. Will he has another day after tomorrow. Will he be sentenced to death? Will the fate being nice to him so that he can live another day?

The emergency cleaning happened that night, everyone work together to clean every spot in the school. Tee can't focus at all, his mates doesn't realise Tee's weird behaviour that night because they are excited to meet the king.

Morning come early then normal today, everyone already up and prepare themselves the best they can, it is the visit from the king after all.

Tee lazily wearing his uniform, his brains working hard to think about what to do so that he don't have to join the event.

"Gather up!"

Tee finished wearing his uniform, he told his friends to go first, he went to his principal directly to ask for dismissal today.

"what do you need Scholar Tee?"

"I don't think I can join the assembly. My stomach hurt so much, I keep throwing up and go to toilet. I'm sure I can't stand for long. My teacher told me to rest" Tee trying to give a lie as an excuse, if he has to, he will eat herbs to make his condition become real.

The principal nods his head, he allows Tee to rest in the room and will explain to the king if he has to. Tee is glad that he can avoid the meeting.

****
The King is giving his speech and congratulate the scholars for their success to join the school. Everyone is proud with themselves when the king praise all of them.

Top ten will be given a badge from the king, all of them can meet the king close enough, it is mesmerising for them. After the badge given to the scholars, the king visit the school area.

While walking, The principal explains every part of the school, the king take notes on a few things he can do to improve the school. Some funds will help too.

"I realise one scholar is missing" Tae comments when he remembers a blank spot in the line.

"I'm sorry sire, my student is not well. I suggest he to rest"

"I understand, is he okay now?"

"Yes, he already get the treatment"

"He is one of the top ten right?" ask Tae more, he feels interested in knowing about the scholar.

"Yes, he is in number seven"

"May I know his name?" ask Tae. The principal doesn't think much and tell the scholar's name.

Tae wants to ask more but he stops himself when his son is whining because he is hungry. He spends all day sleeping and playing.

"this way sire, we already prepared the food" three of them walk to the dining room.

Ten enjoying the food like it will be the last time he will be able to eat, Tae enjoys watching his son enjoying every bite of it.

"Principal, you still didn't answer my question just now"

"Oh, yes. His name is Thanapon, Sinthit's son" explains the principal. Tae smiles and nods his head.

He wants the principal to congratulate the student on his behalf when he leave the school.

In the carriage, Ten is sleeping again making Tae can't help but keep wondering about something. He can't grasp what is playing in his mind but keep thinking about it.

"Sinthit? General Lee's family right?" Tae ask himself.

"It can't be, general only has one son"

Tae shakes his head and stop thinking about that matters. He try to close his eyes and rest his mind, it will take hours to the palace.

"Stop" Tae stops his carriage and told the man to take him somewhere else.

"Go to the palace, send my son home safely. I will be back later, I need the horse"

Tae ask the horse from his Knight and rides away from them, it is safe journey to the palace. Tae keep riding, he even change his clothes to normal one, he stole it. What a bad king he is,but he leaves some money at the door of the villager's house.

Ranak Village

The clear sign of the village, Tae get off from his horse and pay someone to take care of it while he walking around the town.

"May I ask you something?" Tae stops a man that selling fruits.

"unless you willing to buy some" Tae frowns but pay for an orange, it is a business after all.

"Where is Sankarn's household?" Tae ask the man.

"I don't know where their house but he has herbs shop, over there" the man shows the way to Tae. Tae thanks the man and walk with an orange in his hand, let say he pays more for what he takes.

Tae found the shops, his heart beating fast without he knowing the solid reason, he enters the shop and greeted by a short old man. Tae smiles a bit before walk to the counter.

"welcome young man, what can I help you with?"

"I'm actually looking for someone from this household"

The old man frowns, curious who is Tae looking for. Tae looks like a handsome and powerful man even though only in normal clothes.

"It might be your daughter" add Tae more when the old man look confused.

The old man sighs, he really like Tae but if Tae is looking for his daughter it is useless, his daughter already married her lover.

"why?"

"I just want to know if she is home. She had gone for long right" Tae means the staying at Palace but the old man thinks about his daughter with her husband.

"She is gone for long, she is married to her lover. She never home since then" Tae stunned with the the news.

"Do you have any child left?" ask Tae more, he doesn't want to think that Tee already married.

The old man huff angrily before answering the question.

"I have a step son, I send him to work in palace to make him useful. He is really ungrateful son!"

"Son? A son?!" ask Tae serious, the old man nods his head, before he can ask any question Tae leaves the shop fast.

Tae will has answer for all of this, he needs to know the truth!