-the backstory

THE BABY

Lily and James Potter were quite the celebrities around the wizarding world, themselves and their son Harry were rumoured to have survived the killing curse against you-know who. The press seemed to capture every moment of the Potter's lives on camera.

They told the story of a young James Potter who fawned over the woman that was his wife for seven years. It was a convenient story that pleased the population but it wasn't always just Lily.

In fact a seventeen year old James would say he was in love someone else, someone called Evangeline Mayweather, a tall dark-haired Slytherin girl whom he eventually got pregnant in his sixth year at Hogwarts.

James always said he could picture himself long-term with Evangeline but alas tragedy struck Christmas 1977 whilst Evangeline was visiting family, what would become Eva Smith's birthday would become her mother's death date.

They had pulled the car wreck from the river, Evangeline was fading fast, they had managed to save her baby girl but herself was not so fortunate. Not knowing who the baby's relatives were Eva Smith was sent to Owl's orphanage.

You see James and Evangeline's close friends knew about her pregnancy, her parents too and his but Rita and Tom Mayweather also lost their lives that night, without anyone to identify Eva they had no choice, in the eyes of the ministry she was an orphan.

So no James and Lily Potter weren't suited for each other at first glance, it was Lily's kindness who helped him grieve the loss of his girlfriend and baby . It gave James another chance at love but still the pain would never go.

Which inevitably led to the events that would occur in the mere future..

As time went on Eva Smith continued to grow, she had adopted the last name Smith which was given to those without any parents. She had no knowledge of her parents whatsoever, Eva reckoned it was because no one knew a thing about them.

With harsh treatment and a loveless life Eva could be described as bitter but not shy. No she was never shy, she was extremely confident and always had a bone to pick with someone.

Life at the orphanage made her become extremely independent and the brown-haired girl knew exactly how to look after herself seeing as she had no one else.

When an odd looking man came to visit the night of her eleventh birthday, her life would change forever.