|6|

ALLIANCES

Feeling extremely embarrassed and utterly ashamed, Eva sprinted out of the classroom and headed for the nearest toilet. Eva never really did understand emotion, sure she knew anger, frustration but never allowed herself to be upset.

As she gripped the sink, in what seemed to be the boy's lavatories pools of tears began to fall. She hated crying it made her feel weak, her greatest fear had reminded her besides Adam and Jessie she had no one.

No parents, no siblings, no home. Eva told herself all the time that she was fine with having no family but secretly under her hard exterior she longed for one.

Seeing as it was half way through class, Eva wasn't expecting to meet anyone in the toilets that day, especially not Harry Potter. He had been hiding from the hoards of people who seemed to terrorise his day to day routine.

He had heard muffled crying, which seemed odd as it was a boy's bathroom. Carefully the thirteen year old exited his stall only to be met by the Slytherin captain, although she didn't seem her usual insufferable self.

Harry had a choice, he could exit quietly and leave her be or he could try and help. He thought of what his parents might do, his dad seemed fond of the rude girl and surely his mother would want him to be kind.

Harry approached the older Slytherin girl and prayed she didn't rip his head off.

"Smith?" Harry muttered quietly, startled Eva whipped her head around, desperately attempting to wipe the tears that had fallen.

"Potter what in god's name are you doing here?", Harry gulped this wasn't going well.

"I could ask you the same question" he sassed.

Harry studied the girl's face, they were about the same height given the two year gap. He wondered what happened to her, Eva had mascara stains all down her face.

Harry became confused, why did she look so familiar? Something about her face comforted him. Her eyes a hazel brown and doe like, they almost reminded him of his father's eyes.

"Forget it Potter, don't tell anyone you saw me or I swear to god i'll kill you" Eva growled.

"No wait, talk to me please" Harry wasn't expecting the older girl to stay but something made her walk back to the boy.

Harry wasn't sure what made him ask such a thing, wasn't he telling his parents how much of a bitch she was? He put himself in her shoes, she had a reputation to uphold, so did he.

Both felt like they couldn't tell their friends because they wouldn't understand. Eva made a decision she was going to listen to Potter it wasn't as if the day could get worse.

The two teenagers sat with backs against the wall. Eva almost felt like she could act civil, there was a strange aura she felt around Harry and she didn't like it considering she had spent the better half of three years despising the boy.

"So Potter why are you hiding in the loo then?" Eva questioned stifling a laugh from Harry.

"People get a little too much for me sometimes"

Eva frowned in confusion this was not the Harry Potter she had convinced herself he was.

"Really, the famous Harry Potter doesn't like getting all the attention?" Eva noticed her tone was quite harsh she didn't mean to be she was just a defensive person. Harry frowned at her answer.

"If i'm being honest no, people think i'm this cool human who stopped the dark lord but in reality I nearly died, my parents could of died"

Eva never really thought about his situation that way, she thought of him as a stuckup, rich brat but when she looked at him all she saw was a scared boy who needed some guidance.

"You know Potter I did think you purposely got yourself into trouble and secretly loved the attention but you really don't do you?" Harry shook his head.

"Why are you crying Eva?" He asked softly almost brotherly in a way.

"I'm- I- i'm scared i'll end up alone, that no one truly loves me, it feels lonely" Eva felt extremely weak, not only was she spilling her secrets to a thirteen year old but a Gryffindor aswell. He was the type of person you could tell anything to, he had a kind aura about him just like his mother.

"You know I thought you were a bitch but turns out you're pretty tolerable, people do love you believe it or not some idolize you" Harry smiled

"You're alright Potter"

A little while later the two teenagers parted ways, both not knowing they had their first proper brotherly-sisterly chat.

For once Eva felt satisfied, she realised opening up wasn't half as bad of an ordeal as she expected and maybe Potter wasn't all bad either. Once again she had misjudged someone

Eva really had to stop doing that..