Chapter 5 | Dream

Julian POV

Jaskier allowed himself to stay nuzzled into Geralt, feeling his arms around him tight making him calm as much as he could. He sniffed many times before he felt something on his side and he frowned, reaming his neck from Geralts before he couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"Hey Roach." He croaked out as his throat sounded dreadfully ripped and raw. He let out a small chuckle which then turned into a coughing fit. He was well aware now that he wasn't anywhere near his father, that Geralt was in front of him so he would be more than safe.

Jaskier looked at their position, how Jaskier was shoved onto Geralt and clinging to him. He moved back slightly, giving Geralt a little bit of room but he kept his hands on either one of Geralts thighs, having had his arms flop down as he frowned slightly up at Geralt, looking at him a bit confused.

"How did I get here... Why do I feel dizzy? Jesus how hot do you have it in here?" he asked. On the last question he looked to himself, pulling his suspender clips off and lifting his shirt up, going to take it off due to it feeling far too hot. He was boiling, a layer of sweat over his body. From that or the fear he wasn't quite sure.

Geralt POV

Geralt let Irys back away slightly, permitting the man to leave his hands on Geralt's thighs. This wasn't a situation with a client anymore. He pushed that thought away. He was fine. Jaskier had trusted him, so now Geralt had to have faith in Irys. On several layers.

Geralt frowned slightly. "Irys, it's cold in here." He preferred the cold, and it was nighttime out. That plus the wind and the fact that the house was drafty contributed to the chill. He didn't know what Irys was feeling, though Geralt could see the sweat on him.

He shifted back a little further, bringing a hand up to the man's brow. Roach sat back on her haunches, watching the two of them curiously. She tipped her head slightly in worry and confusion, a habit she might have learned from her owner or she might simply be doing it because it was a rather dog-like thing to do. She didn't whine again, but she did nose Jaskier's shoulder.

Julian POV

Jaskier raised an eyebrow and shook his head as he paused with his arms crisscrossed at the front of his chest

He managed to pull his shirt three quarters up and stayed like that and he frowned at Geralt. His abdomen was exposed now, the chill air against it a nice relief. His muscles were a lot more of a thing now than it used to be. Instead of lean he was bulkier on his whole body really, gaining muscles from labor jobs.

"Geralt, don't be silly, I'm sweating from the heat, how can it be cold?" he asked as his body shivered lightly.

Geralts hand felt like ice on Jaskiers face which was burning up quite fast, under the layer of slick sweat there was pink skin, reddening from 'heat'. At the same time, a tiny bit may have been a blush but, no. No. Jaskier was not blushing at Geralt checking his temperature good lord.

He felt a nose on him that was wet and turned his gaze to roach and smiled weekly. His eyes felt wet. I mean, they did from crying but in general they felt wet, not like his normal eyes.

He reached out and gently placed his hand on top of roaches head, scratching the top of it lightly with a small smile before blinking a couple times, the dizziness getting to him a little more now.