Chapter 19 | Questions

Julian POV

Jaskier gave Geralt a small smile as he asked the question before hearing the knock, they could talk afterwards if it was going to be quick. He gave Jesse a smile when he walked in and Jesse gave a big grin back, looking between the two with a bit of a smirk which made Jaskiers cheeks dust a light shade of pink.

"I'm just here to take the fluids out then I'll bugger off again and give you two some privacy." he said with a smile. Jaskier tilted his head to the side, slightly confused before he looked to his arm and let out a quiet 'oh' as he hadn't actually noticed it. He was too busy talking to Geralt.

" Ah we have to take out the uh, other tube." he said gesturing to down below which made Jaskiers face turn a bright bright shade of pink. "O-Oh." was all he said as he looked at the doctor.

"You can wait outside or just turn around Geralt. It's up to you." Jesse explained with a small smile as he moved over to Jaskiers fluid tube. He unclipped the tube, grabbing out a cotton ball and a sticky plasta. He gave Jaskier a small smile and Jaskier nodded with a bit of a face as he watched the doctor undo the tape holding it down and slid it out, it was a strange sensation to say the least. He could feel it leaving out of his body. He closed his eyes, not really wanting to see the blood coming out of him, too much temptation that could cause another epsidoe, which no one needed. If only he actually got the help then he wouldn't be such a burden but life gets too busy and you have to keep going.

He opened them again when he felt the cotton ball being held down over it. His eyes flicking from it to Geralt as he gave a small smile, half in need of reassurance and half as a apology for the conversation being left where it was.

Geralt POV

Geralt stayed where he was beside the door, raising an eyebrow slightly at Jaskier's sudden blush. He himself was as stoned-faced as ever, though there were traces of amusement and relief in his eyes.

"I'll wait outside," he offered when Jesse prompted him. He would rather, regardless of if Jaskier wanted a bit of privacy. It wasn't like he hadn't seen the man in less clothing than optimal before, but this struck Geralt as a much more personal situation. He and Jaskier weren't tied together so much anymore. They weren't legally, anyways. Geralt would step out into the hall.

He watched with quiet interest as Jesse removed the tube from Jaskier's arm. He couldn't decide where to examine, Jaskier's reactions or the man's arm. He hadn't gotten a proper look at it yet. When that was done, he reached for the doorknob.

Geralt met Jaskier's eyes, returning the tiny smile with an even smaller one of his own. Then he opened the door again and stepped out, shutting it quietly. It would give Jaskier some semblance of privacy, though between relatively thin walls and Geralt's enchanted senses, he could still hear everything that went on inside the room.

He leaned against the wall, crossing his arms over his chest. The hallway was empty right now, though he thought he could hear conversation coming from the vague direction of the entrance. He found his eyes slipping shut, and snapped himself awake. He hadn't slept the previous night, but he had been doing fine up until now. He could stay awake, this shouldn't be more than a couple of minutes. Then he had to figure out why the fuck Jaskier would want to return to London.

Julian POV

Jaskier watched as Geralt left the room and let out a small sigh once he was outside eof it. Knowing him though, he probably still heard it. Jesse gave a light chuckle to Jaskier as he moved around and pulled the blanket down and lifted up his hideous gown, which he only just noticed now as well. He gave a small nod to Jesse when he asked if it was okay to touch him and remove it, the extra concent was honestly rather appreciated.