Chapter 35 | Once

Julian POV

Jaskier blinked a few more times, coming to his senses when he felt Ciri lean in towards him. He looked to her and opened his mouth to explain his realization before he realized two things. One, if he said it loud then he was admitting it to himself as well and two, Geralt would still be able to hear no matter how quiet he said it so he just stared at her for a moment. 

He could not write it down or type on a phone because, well, he still did not have one. Instead, he moved his hands and nodded to them so she looked at them before slowly pointing to himself, making a heart, and then pointed towards Geralt. Well, that much was already obvious so he did it again but this time sook the heart a little to show he loved him A LOT. he looked to her, awaiting her reaction. He felt like he was asking a mother for er sons hand in marriage by admitting this to Ciri. 

When the fuck did this happen? When did he fall in love with Geralt? Oh shit, did he notice? Was that why he was frowning earlier. He looked to Ciri's face, trying to read her facial expression. Meanwhile, Jaskier was blushing harder than when he first hopped in, only slightly though.

Geralt POV

Geralt kept driving, maneuvering them out of the parking lot and onto the main street. He turned down it, heading towards the outside of town.

Ciri POV

Ciri's eyebrows went up further, a grin just about splitting her in two. 'You love him?' She mouthed at Jaskier. 'Like, a lot?' Oh my god, this was better than she had thought. She felt rather like a fangirl over the two, but then, maybe she was. Jaskier was blushing a bit harder now, so she guessed that he might not be all that happy about admitting this. Maybe she should drop it and ask later? She had seen what had happened the first time she had tried this. It had ended with her accidentally mentioning Blaviken, and upsetting both Flower Man and her dad.

But still. They were really cute, if she did say so herself. Her dad had been stressed during the time since they'd (well, he'd) found Jaskier, but he'd also been happier than Ciri had ever seen him. She knew that he had been hurt by the man's death. Finding him again, even under the name of Irys and in a small town in the middle of nowhere, had to have been a relief. She wished that they had found each other again sooner. That might have been able to relieve some of her dad's burden quicker.

She had to wonder what Yennefer would think of Jaskier. She'd known her dad was bi, of course she had, but he'd still stuck with women, mostly. He'd been with Yenn since before she had been adopted by him. Jaskier wasn't the type of person that Geralt was usually around except for clients. Irys she couldn't speak for. Julian she definitely could. So she wondered. She hoped Yenn would be accepting, though. She loved her not-quite-adopted-mom, and she wanted her to be happy with Ciri's dad's new choices.

Julian POV

Jaskier swallowed slightly. Okay, okay he needed to calm down. He could hear his heartbeat in his own ears then he was certain that Geralt could hear it as well. Okay so, when did his heart start beating faster with kisses? Before they reunited? 

Well, yes. Around their third day. That was just because he loved Geralt a lot and got excited that he could give him affection. Okay, so when did he start saying I love you to him? Literally the first day of knowing him, he grabbed his shaking hands and kissed them softly saying that he wasn't a monster and he loved him if no one else would. But he didn't really start saying it until they reunited and he and Geralt had had... A little domestic.