Chapter 26 | Stay-In

Geralt POV

Don't say that, he wanted to say, nearly flinching at the declaration of love. Don't say that, because you don't mean it. Because who in their right mind would love someone from Witcher Corps?

Then again, Jaskier probably wasn't currently in his right mind. Geralt let the words slide.

He snorted lightly at the nickname, glowering only slightly. He was neither little nor an avocado. He liked the fruit, but he wasn't one. He carefully ignored the 'my' that was tacked onto the beginning. That would take careful examination, but later.

The kissing felt different this time around, and it wasn't just because he was letting Jaskier deepen it. It might have been because of circumstance, he thought. After what Jaskier had just told him.. even if Geralt wasn't going to act any differently, things had still changed between them.

He hated himself for anything he might have felt at that thought. Why should he care what Jaskier thought of or about him? Why should he care about something being between them? Because there wasn't anything or significance. Memories, sure. Painful ones, sure. But nothing more. They weren't even friends. They were a former client and a bodyguard. Nothing more, nothing less.

He was grateful Jaskier was still keeping his tongue away, though he did have to suppress an involuntary shiver as the man began trailing a hand down his side, halting at the bodyguard's hip.

Then Geralt felt himself being pushed, onto his back. Training kicked in, reminding him of all the directions this could go in, and he stayed where he was on his side. He could feel heat radiating from Jaskier, could hear the man clear his throat. The man's face was warm under his hand, and Geralt removed that hand, sliding it down to rest lightly on Jaskier's side, just below his ribs.

Julian POV

Jaskier felt his heart pounding in his chest as he kissed Geralt slowly and tenderly, following smiling lightly as he felt the man not wanting to go back, the taste of the avocado they had a while ago was still faintly on Geralt lips and, oh yes, that was officially now a new nickname of his.

He didn't have to know that but when he gets a new phone and hopefully grabs his contact information, he's naming him little avocado. He doubted that Geralt would really be able to talk much. Even though his father's business was disgusting, he was going to have some digging and find out certain bits and bobs about his father's business, he would need whatever he could get on his father.

Meaning the whole entire of the businesses past would need to be such out. It would take at least a year to get all of that to the police discreetly. He would make some changes in the business as well, making it seem profitable and probably make it that way, unfortunately, to allow it to seem as if he was not trying to slow down how many people and such he sells. He would have to think about that later on though. For now, his heart hurts at the fact he may not see Geralt for at least a year, if not then ever after all of this goes down.

But feeling Geralt's lips over his, pressing against his own lips, making him give out small humms in appreciation and enjoying the moment that they had currently. He allowed his hand to gently caress at Geralt's hip, not venturing or showing any signs of wanting to as he caressed the same spot in the dip of his hip. He let out a slight mewling sound as he went to humm into the kiss, it changed as he felt Geralt's hand move and feather over his ribs. He didn't allow himself to shiver, but it still happened anyway. It was light, a small movement but noticeable none the less. He slightly growled at himself in his head for making the noise, but hopefully, Geralt would just ignore the fact that even happened.