depth of despair

"LONG LIVE PIRACY"

The crank was lowered, cries of horror erupted and the bulging eyes of children adorned their faces.

But it only lasted a fraction of a second. The incomprehension, doubt and hope silenced the whole crowd, including the king, slowly rising up, hands on either side of his throne , noted with dismay what had just taken place.

Hongjoong himself didn't knew. The hatch below him was wide open, he had felt the rope tighten firmly around his neck, his body had sagged but he was still there.
His eyes focused as best as they could on the open trap door. It was when he understood that the king's voice echoed throughout the court.

-GET THEM!

A barrel had been pushed under him, preventing his body from falling any lower.

In front of him, eight shadows stood ready to attack, swords and pistols in hand.
Without even realizing it the fight had started. The king's guards rushed on the eight men that Hongjoong recognized very well.

The crowd of nobles fled as far as they could, screaming and trying to hide from the battle. But other cries were heard.
The rest of the villagers angrily pushed the guards barring their way, taking their fallen weapons without hesitation, returning to the battle as well.

The young pirate met the hateful gaze of the king, fists and jaw clenched as his wife hid behind her throne almost twice her size.

The young man wasted no more time, standing on his tiptoes and pulling himself up to relieve the pressure still present on his neck. At the same time the executioner stepped forward, growling like a ferocious beast and brandishing an axe almost as large as himself.
Hongjoong managed to dodge the first narrow shot, but the blade swung straight at him again. His eyes closed instinctively but a shot made them open again.
The large body of his assailant sank to the ground, staining the wood of the gallows with a scarlet red.

Rushing towards him, one of the shadows brandishes its saber, cutting the rope in one stroke and finally freeing the young man's neck, soon doing the same with his wrists.
The two men stayed immobile for a few seconds, just looking at each other's eyes just like in a mirror.

But the battle was raging, lifeless bodies already littered the sandy ground of the court. Victims fell from both sides, making the scene all the more impressive.

Without wasting any more time, the young man grabbed a saber abandoned on the ground and already stained with blood, rushing into the heart of the battle followed closely by his shadow.

His strikes were quick, almost unstoppable. Like a powerful and unbreakable aura, none of the attacks that took place on him succeeded to even approaching him.

The cries of pain became one with the thud of the rain, now flowing in torrent. In the middle of this all mess, the shrill sound of a warning horn echoed in the enclosure of the court.
Despite all the surrounding noise, Hongjoong managed to hear the loud voice of one of the royal guards, addressing the king in total panic.

"Your majesty! An entire armada is heading toward the island! The flags are raised... They are pirates!"

───────••──────

Author's note:

Another small chapter I'm sorry xD
but at least there's one!
Hope you like it
Have a great week guys
<3