Chapter 15

a.n | r.i.p yams. his death was announced by rocky on social media on the 18th. cause of death was unknown.

Raven Andrews

I wiped the sleep out of my eyes as I reached over and grabbed my cellphone off of the coffee table. I woke up to it ringing. I groaned at how much my back was in my pain, as I saw the call was from Tristan.

Jasmine's couch was uncomfortable to sleep on.

"Hello?" I finally answered.

"Did I wake you?" he asked, sounding concerned.

"No, no," I assured him. "I was already waking up."

"Oh. Well what do you have planned today?"

I thought about what I had on my to do list. Turns out, I had absolutely nothing planned. Jasmine had to work so I would most likely stay here all day. Not like I had money anyways.

"Nothing at all."

"Perfect," I could picture him smiling on the other end. "Want to do breakfast?"

"I would love to," I smiled too. "Just give me time to get ready."

"Of course, of course. I'll come by in about an hour or two. That sound cool?"

"Yes, I should be ready by then," I nodded.

"Alright then, see you soon!"

He hung up as I sat my cellphone back down. I then slowly got up off of Jasmine's couch as I stretched. I then noticed that she was in the kitchen making some coffee. She wore her black and yellow Sprint uniform while her hair was slicked back in a ponytail.

"Good morning," she stated.

"Good morning," I replied.

"Who was that? The Tristan guy?"

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Look at you," she shook her head, finishing up the cup of coffee to get her through the day.

"What you mean?" I asked.

"Smiling and shit. He might actually be the one. Mufuckas glowing and everything."

"Glowing?" I blushed. "You're lying."

"No I'm not. I know what I'm talking about girl. What y'all got planned for today? I was eavesdropping."

"We're going out to breakfast," I shrugged. "Nothing too major."

"Must be nice. Shit can I third wheel? A bitch need some pancakes. I gotta settle for a bum ass breakfast sandwich from Hardee's before going into work."

I laughed with a shake of my head.

"Girl go to work."

"Right," she sighed. "I need to go get my bad bitch bucks so I can pay the bills."

"Me too," I chuckled. "Who hiring?"

"To be honest, I have no idea. But I gotta get going before I end up late. I'll look for you though."

She grabbed her cup of coffee as she went to grab her purse and keys.

"Alright. Have a good day at work!"

"Thanks babe. Have a good day with Trist."

"Thanks."

She then left out the door as I went to go shower and start my day.

After showering and brushing my teeth, I threw on something nice and presentable, yet still comfortable. Tristan came by shortly after, and iHop was the place we ended up deciding on. It was a little out the way from Jasmine's house, so it took a while to get there.