Chapter 29

Rakim Mayers

As I joined Crystal back in the room, I found her laying on the bed with Cameron curled up in her lap. They both were staring at the screen on her phone as she scrolled through pictures. I had just got out of the shower, but before I jumped in, she was browsing on Pinterest for tattoo ideas. And that's probably what she was still doing.

Today we were going to the tattoo parlor like I promised her we would.

Getting this tattoo for Camila is all she's been talking about since she first brought up the idea about it last night. This special tattoo would be her first and she was pretty geeked about it. But the funny thing is was that she didn't even know what she wanted. A few ideas on Pinterest and even Google images caught her eye, but she wasn't set on just one in particular.

She was attempting to get Cameron's input on what she should get, and surprisingly, his thoughts was actually helping.

"Rocky," she called my name in excitement.

"What's up? Y'all still looking up ideas?"

"We were, but I think I finally know what I want!"

"Oh, for real? So what you thinking about getting?"

She had a suspicious look on her face as if she didn't want to tell me something.

"Awe man, why you looking at me like that?"

"I can't tell you."

"What you mean you can't tell me?"

"I can't tell you what I'm getting."

"And why can't you?"

"You can't know until we get there."

"Really Cryst? You're childish. You know I hate surprises."

"Shut up," she rolled her eyes with a smirk. It'll be a good surprise. I think you'll like it."

"Will I really?"

"Yeah, your son helped me with it."

"I did daddy!" Cameron nodded. "It's really pretty."

"Well can daddy at least know where mommy is going to get the tattoo at on her body?"

Crystal side eyed me as she glanced down at her cellphone then back up at me.

"I'm going to get it on my shoulder."

"What? The shoulder ain't no pain girl. I thought you was gone be thugging it out?"

"I was going to get it on my foot but you said I have pretty Based God feet so I don't want to mess that up."

"You are a trip man," I laughed at how silly she was.

Crystal was a mess, but I loved that girl to death.

"So are you going to get a tatted too?"

"I was thinking about it, but probably not."

"Why not?" she asked, locking her phone, proceeding to throw it to the side.

"I think I have enough. Besides, I wouldn't know what to get anyways."

"Get my lips on your neck," she joked with a smirked.

I smirked too as I shook my head.

"Sounds like a good idea, but I don't know," I laughed.

"I'm playing. But are you almost ready? Because I'm ready. Cameron are you ready?"

"Yes, I'm ready, like SpongeBob."

"You itching to get this tattoo ain't you?" I chuckled. "But yeah, just let me get my shoes on."